9.3x62 conversation

I've got a CZ 550 in 9.3x62. I used a leupold 3-9x50 big game to take my first bull elk.

everything I shoot in it is around 1/2moa so I settled on the 250accubonds because it shoots identical with the 250ballistic tips. I can shoot deer & pigs with the BT and save my AB's for big stuff! Super easy to load for with Varget.

My first elk was a offhand snap shot at 90yds, after a week of hell I wasn't passing this shot. The 250accubond hit him in the point of the shoulder angling back. Broke the biggest part of the shoulder(bone the size of your dads forearm) got 1 lung, split the heart, liver and made it all the way through the intestines. We never found the bullet but picture digging through a trash can size stomach of half digested lawn clippings!

Not sure a smaller caliber would've made that shot the 9.3 was exact what I needed!

Attachments

• 9F19B0B9-D314-46EF-843C-84CDF85B3FB5.jpeg
    9F19B0B9-D314-46EF-843C-84CDF85B3FB5.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 79
9.3 is a great cartridge. I have owned 3 myself and have found in all 3, 286 barnes shot the best using R15. 57-58 gr.. I have taken moose at 310 using the 286 shooting a CZ . So it can be used at extended ranges with great results. I would recommend a #3 24" barrel. Recoil is not bad until you start shooting 20 or so round at the bench. I also found that the 250's shot almost the same place the 286's did at 100, so i just stayed with the 286's. Do not have them anymore and kick myself every time i think of them. They were some great rifles. Anyway enjoy your project.

I picked up a Sauer 100 9.3 last year. Put a Swaro 1-6 on it and it shoots factory PPU 285's 3/4 MOA. Just getting components together for reloading need to shoot more of the factory rounds I got for brass. I have a 338-06 which shoots well also but really wanted a 9.3. So far I like it. Hope to try Hammers in it soon.

Mine ate up two Leupolds when I was trying to keep it as light as possible. It's really a destination hunt rifle for me, grizzly or brown bear someday, so sprung for the Nightforce and happy to pack the extra weight on it. Everybody has their preferences certainly.

Oh yeah, My cz550 9.3x62 demolished a pair of Tally rings during testing off a lead sled! Tally replaced them and said not to lead sled anymore. Use sandbags or something with more give. Even if 9.3 is mild recoil medium bore, it's still a 250-286gr bullet(every action has an equal and opposite reaction)!
James

Barrel just arrived, I hope I can get it in the lathe and a reamer rented in the next couple weeks. After talking to Steve when I ordered some 7mm hammer bullets, I'd really like to try his 240 gr. 9.3 bullets........maybe I'll start a new thread after I get it shooting, and some of those to test out.