8mm Rem Mag Love?

Need help I purchased a custom model 70 pre64 in 8mm mag when i shot it it blow out the brass any idea on what the previous owner rechambered the gun to looks like a beltless case ???
If you suspect the rifle isn't chambered as stamped. I would go to a gunsmith and see what they can tell you. They will likely steer away from advising on something if they think it's potentially unsafe.

Rather than unsafely guessing, I would use the action and rebarrel it but that's just me. Even if you stick the the 8mm, at least you know what you have.

The information you provided is very vague. It could be as simple as it needs a good cleaning, or may be much more complicated.

Stay safe.

....the best kept secret of all time !! I bought one when they first came on the market, seems to me sometime in the late 70's. And then it all fell apart thanks to it's creator BigGreen and the junk bullets they used. I've never lost faith in her and neither have about 5 of my friends that I load for who also fell in ❤️... between all of us we've pretty much shot about everything you are permitted to with awesome results...there's no question loaded with Barnes real X-bullets or the time tested Nosler Partition it's all anyone would ever need and a great if you only could have one cartridge...

My 8mm Mag with Rock Creek barrel referenced earlier in the thread is now bedded into a McMillan Game Scout stock. When verifying zero for a Utah elk hunt, I shot a 3 shot 200 yard 0.43" group with 200 grain Partitions at 3050 fps. It has printed multiple half moa or better groups at various distances with that load. I took a huge bodied 6x6 bull at 450 yards on that hunt. I have also since added another two whitetail does. Recoil is much more pleasant at 3050 fps as opposed to 3150 fps. I might be buried with this one. 😁