7WSM Build

InfidelArmy82

So I am in need of some pro's con's and/or idea's about this new build i'm doing right now. I building the 7wsm, going to be used for prone, competition and some sneeky sniper/stocking type practice. This is what i'm planning;

Surgeon Action 591 and Bottom metal
Timney Trigger
McM A5 75/25 o.d./black
26" Krieger barrel 1:8.7 spiral flute
O.D. metal, rings and scope
Leupold M3 mk4

Jon Beanland is my builder, i've heard many many good things about his attention to detail. Gaurunteesat least .5MOA. What do you think? Any suggestions?

loaders_loft

my 7wsm isa 26" tube 1:9 twist, pretty typical if you look around on here.
you might want to look at seekins mags, I think they have a wsm mag.

blipelt

You got to love the 7wsm. Mine is a 28" tube on a long action. Here are the specs.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f53/just-finished-sweet-rifle-pix-41109/

It feeds flawlessly with the center feed mag. Smacked three coyotes and three deer this deer season with it out to 550yds. Nothing presented it's self very far for me this year. This is by far my favorite rifle at least until Nate finishes up my next one here soon.

Brent

bosstom

You got to love the 7wsm. Mine is a 28" tube on a long action. Here are the specs.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f53/just-finished-sweet-rifle-pix-41109/

It feeds flawlessly with the center feed mag. Smacked three coyotes and three deer this deer season with it out to 550yds. Nothing presented it's self very far for me this year. This is by far my favorite rifle at least until Nate finishes up my next one here soon.

Brent

What centerfeed system are you running?

blipelt

geargrinder is correct I have the quik Klip on my 7wsm and I have the HS precision on my 6X47 and 284Jazz(7-338 norma mag= should be done in a couple of months). I like the HS a little better. Mainly because it fits in the mag well perfectly without any movement.

Brent

InfidelArmy82

I really appreciate the help so far guys. I think I may go with the seekins bm after all. I like the mag release better.

Jason gun)

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce