7wsm

strictlyRUM

Would someone give me some real world info on box length and 7wsm. I am considering one for the next project and would like to know if a short action and a wyats box is long enough or if a long action would be a better base for the project? What are some actual seated oal lengths for a 7wsm and say 168-175 grainers.

Thanks

Thats kind of a loaded question , you can seat the 175gr bullets to fit in a standard short action mag box but youir gonna have a whole butt load of bullet stuck down in you case.
I think that if you wanted to get the max potential out of that round you would better suited with the long action that way you can't be limited with any bullets , and later if the WSM doesen't give you what you want you can rechamber it to 7RUM

I load the 162 gr AMAX in mine out to 2.970" in the watt's box mag. That gives it .020-.025" breathing room. I am quite happy with the arrangement. If you go 180's I don't know, but I suspect you'll be fine for a repeater rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.