7WSM Build

InfidelArmy82

So I am in need of some pro's con's and/or idea's about this new build i'm doing right now. I building the 7wsm, going to be used for prone, competition and some sneeky sniper/stocking type practice. This is what i'm planning;

Surgeon Action 591 and Bottom metal
Timney Trigger
McM A5 75/25 o.d./black
26" Krieger barrel 1:8.7 spiral flute
O.D. metal, rings and scope
Leupold M3 mk4

Jon Beanland is my builder, i've heard many many good things about his attention to detail. Gaurunteesat least .5MOA. What do you think? Any suggestions?

my 7wsm isa 26" tube 1:9 twist, pretty typical if you look around on here.
you might want to look at seekins mags, I think they have a wsm mag.

You got to love the 7wsm. Mine is a 28" tube on a long action. Here are the specs.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f53/just-finished-sweet-rifle-pix-41109/

It feeds flawlessly with the center feed mag. Smacked three coyotes and three deer this deer season with it out to 550yds. Nothing presented it's self very far for me this year. This is by far my favorite rifle at least until Nate finishes up my next one here soon.

Brent

You got to love the 7wsm. Mine is a 28" tube on a long action. Here are the specs.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f53/just-finished-sweet-rifle-pix-41109/

It feeds flawlessly with the center feed mag. Smacked three coyotes and three deer this deer season with it out to 550yds. Nothing presented it's self very far for me this year. This is by far my favorite rifle at least until Nate finishes up my next one here soon.

Brent

What centerfeed system are you running?

geargrinder is correct I have the quik Klip on my 7wsm and I have the HS precision on my 6X47 and 284Jazz(7-338 norma mag= should be done in a couple of months). I like the HS a little better. Mainly because it fits in the mag well perfectly without any movement.

Brent

I really appreciate the help so far guys. I think I may go with the seekins bm after all. I like the mag release better.

Jason gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.