7SS LIGHTWEIGHT SHEEP HUNTER

HobieH3

7mm Sherman Short
Groups almost as well as a 6.5 CM!

[Sorry! ;) ]

Once I hide enough $ from my wife, er, save my pennies, I'd like one of those...

How's recoil vs a 270 or 7mm-08?

Last edited:

HobieH3

Recoil would be a little bit more than the the 08 with equal bullets
Kewl. Thx. I can run about a box thru my 270 before I start to flinch, so that would be ok for a hunter. Try to stay in business for another year! ;)

Hookdown

LRH Team Member
You would pronounce that "Hashtag goals." It means that this is a goal of mine (a lightweight rifle that one-holes at 100yds). The hashtag is how you "tag" ideas, themes, sponsors, manufacturers, etc. on social media sites like Instagram. Essentially, its a shorthand slang way of saying you want or want to achieve whatever you're commenting on. Did I beat that to death enough? Lol.

elkaholic

Official LRH Sponsor
You would pronounce that "Hashtag goals." It means that this is a goal of mine (a lightweight rifle that one-holes at 100yds). The hashtag is how you "tag" ideas, themes, sponsors, manufacturers, etc. on social media sites like Instagram. Essentially, its a shorthand slang way of saying you want or want to achieve whatever you're commenting on. Did I beat that to death enough? Lol.
I knew about hashtag, but didn't tie it to that being your goal gotcha!:D

PewPew

As to the specs of the rifle. This is one of Axial Precision's new Mt. Shadow rifles. This configuration is only offered in 7 calibers so far, as they have been tested and shoot to our expectations while reaching our velocity goals. This rifle has our Axial Precision Carbon Light Hunter stocks, Trigger Tec trigger, Proof 21 inch barrel and our custom Titanium Brake. We do things a bit different and this rifle pays homage to some of the work that Ruger did back in the day with his short handy rifles. We are fortunate enough to have a vast selection of powders and can taylor our rifles to specific burn rates with certain bore diameters and cartridges. Rich Sherman of Sherman Wildcats has some of the most efficient designs in cartridges today and we are happy to offer some of his chamberings.
It would be easier for everyone to just take a look at our web page and use our rifle build configurator at
www.axialprecision.com
This will let folks explore and send us questions.

Bghunter338

Hi Rich, I'm looking at having one of the 7ss put together and I was wondering which twist should I go with? I'm going to want to shoot 180s mostly but would like to go to the 195gr. Thank you.

elkaholic

Official LRH Sponsor
Hi Rich, I'm looking at having one of the 7ss put together and I was wondering which twist should I go with? I'm going to want to shoot 180s mostly but would like to go to the 195gr. Thank you.
A nine works for most bullets but I would just put an 8-8.5 on it since you're starting from scratch. I just did a 7 max with an 8.5 Rock

Bghunter338

I was thinking about ordering a proof with an 8 but I have a Douglas sitting around not cut yet with a 9, but wasn't sure if it would be enough for the 195grs

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce