7SS LIGHTWEIGHT SHEEP HUNTER

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by elkaholic, May 14, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. HobieH3

HobieH3 Well-Known Member

Groups almost as well as a 6.5 CM!

[Sorry! ;) ]

Once I hide enough $ from my wife, er, save my pennies, I'd like one of those...

How's recoil vs a 270 or 7mm-08?

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  2. jasonco

jasonco Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

My interest is piqued, in this 7SS :)

3. elkaholic

elkaholic Official LRH Sponsor

Recoil would be a little bit more than the the 08 with equal bullets

HobieH3 likes this.
  4. HobieH3

HobieH3 Well-Known Member

Kewl. Thx. I can run about a box thru my 270 before I start to flinch, so that would be ok for a hunter. Try to stay in business for another year! ;)

elkaholic likes this.
  5. elkaholic

Here are some pics of the Mountain Shadow 7SS 29971.jpeg 29962.jpeg 29964.jpeg 29966.jpeg

MELEX, Sykes, OrionsStar and 4 others like this.
  6. Hookdown

Hookdown Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

You would pronounce that "Hashtag goals." It means that this is a goal of mine (a lightweight rifle that one-holes at 100yds). The hashtag is how you "tag" ideas, themes, sponsors, manufacturers, etc. on social media sites like Instagram. Essentially, its a shorthand slang way of saying you want or want to achieve whatever you're commenting on. Did I beat that to death enough? Lol.

7. elkaholic

I knew about hashtag, but didn't tie it to that being your goal gotcha!:D

8. PewPew

PewPew New Member

As to the specs of the rifle. This is one of Axial Precision's new Mt. Shadow rifles. This configuration is only offered in 7 calibers so far, as they have been tested and shoot to our expectations while reaching our velocity goals. This rifle has our Axial Precision Carbon Light Hunter stocks, Trigger Tec trigger, Proof 21 inch barrel and our custom Titanium Brake. We do things a bit different and this rifle pays homage to some of the work that Ruger did back in the day with his short handy rifles. We are fortunate enough to have a vast selection of powders and can taylor our rifles to specific burn rates with certain bore diameters and cartridges. Rich Sherman of Sherman Wildcats has some of the most efficient designs in cartridges today and we are happy to offer some of his chamberings.
    It would be easier for everyone to just take a look at our web page and use our rifle build configurator at
    www.axialprecision.com
    This will let folks explore and send us questions.

HammerB1 and elkaholic like this.
  9. elkaholic

Thank you for chimming in!

PewPew likes this.