7SS LIGHTWEIGHT SHEEP HUNTER

Here are some pics of the Mountain Shadow 7SS
29971.jpeg
29962.jpeg
29964.jpeg
29966.jpeg

You would pronounce that "Hashtag goals." It means that this is a goal of mine (a lightweight rifle that one-holes at 100yds). The hashtag is how you "tag" ideas, themes, sponsors, manufacturers, etc. on social media sites like Instagram. Essentially, its a shorthand slang way of saying you want or want to achieve whatever you're commenting on. Did I beat that to death enough? Lol.

You would pronounce that "Hashtag goals." It means that this is a goal of mine (a lightweight rifle that one-holes at 100yds). The hashtag is how you "tag" ideas, themes, sponsors, manufacturers, etc. on social media sites like Instagram. Essentially, its a shorthand slang way of saying you want or want to achieve whatever you're commenting on. Did I beat that to death enough? Lol.
I knew about hashtag, but didn't tie it to that being your goal gotcha!:D

As to the specs of the rifle. This is one of Axial Precision's new Mt. Shadow rifles. This configuration is only offered in 7 calibers so far, as they have been tested and shoot to our expectations while reaching our velocity goals. This rifle has our Axial Precision Carbon Light Hunter stocks, Trigger Tec trigger, Proof 21 inch barrel and our custom Titanium Brake. We do things a bit different and this rifle pays homage to some of the work that Ruger did back in the day with his short handy rifles. We are fortunate enough to have a vast selection of powders and can taylor our rifles to specific burn rates with certain bore diameters and cartridges. Rich Sherman of Sherman Wildcats has some of the most efficient designs in cartridges today and we are happy to offer some of his chamberings.
It would be easier for everyone to just take a look at our web page and use our rifle build configurator at
www.axialprecision.com
This will let folks explore and send us questions.

Hi Rich, I'm looking at having one of the 7ss put together and I was wondering which twist should I go with? I'm going to want to shoot 180s mostly but would like to go to the 195gr. Thank you.

Hi Rich, I'm looking at having one of the 7ss put together and I was wondering which twist should I go with? I'm going to want to shoot 180s mostly but would like to go to the 195gr. Thank you.
A nine works for most bullets but I would just put an 8-8.5 on it since you're starting from scratch. I just did a 7 max with an 8.5 Rock

I was thinking about ordering a proof with an 8 but I have a Douglas sitting around not cut yet with a 9, but wasn't sure if it would be enough for the 195grs

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.