7prc or 6.8 west?

I'd go with seekins - the 7 prc is a sweet round as well.

Browning is nice but never have liked any of their triggers. Need to play with springs to get something decent. The last x bolt I messed with a few years back was not an easy trigger to get decent. Not a fan of the 4 screw base thing either. I prefer a rail like seekins comes with. And the trigger with seekins ph2 I messed with was good.

Just seems like everything on the seekins was great out of box.

I'd really like to try the element in 7 prc or 6.5 prc some day.

Last edited:
I love all the a bolts I've had. My go to is a 30-06 25th anniversary a bolt 2. Weighs 8.2 ready to hunt & has never let me down that's why I through the browning in the mix.

Yeah, I love mine. They shoot better than I can.

I recently moved from an a-bolt in .270 (that was my go to) to an x-bolt in 6.5prc as my primary. While its fine, I was a little bit of let down with it on elk. I recently grabbed another X-bolt western hunter ($650, couldn't pass it up) in 300prc for my elk gun which is more than enough.

I think you'll be happy moving up the 7prc as that's a solid step up. The 6.8 is just too dang close to the 6.5prc which is why I laid out the moving from 270 > 6.5 "regret"

Yeah, I love mine. They shoot better than I can.

I recently moved from an a-bolt in .270 (that was my go to) to an x-bolt in 6.5prc as my primary. While its fine, I was a little bit of let down with it on elk. I recently grabbed another X-bolt western hunter ($650, couldn't pass it up) in 300prc for my elk gun which is more than enough.

I think you'll be happy moving up the 7prc as that's a solid step up. The 6.8 is just too dang close to the 6.5prc which is why I laid out the moving from 270 > 6.5 "regret"
When I had my xbolt 6.5 prc loaded with 156 bergers at 2970 fps and my son killed a bull elk at 310 yards with it and the results were not overly impressive. Soaked up 3 of them right in the pump house.
I'm not a 6.5 guy , will probably be my first and last 6.5.

When I had my xbolt 6.5 prc loaded with 156 bergers at 2970 fps and my son killed a bull elk at 310 yards with it and the results were not overly impressive. Soaked up 3 of them right in the pump house.
I'm not a 6.5 guy , will probably be my first and last 6.5.

Yeah, with my 6.5 I killed 1 at 431 (worked great, 1 shot) and also lost one at 200. 124 hammers at 3400. I could have done a better job on the one I lost but i've seen enough between the .264/.277 compared to my dad's 300wm that I am now in the 30cal magnum camp for bulls. Every animal smaller than a bull, the smaller calibers are just fine.

Yeah, with my 6.5 I killed 1 at 431 (worked great, 1 shot) and also lost one at 200. 124 hammers at 3400. I could have done a better job on the one I lost but i've seen enough between the .264/.277 compared to my dad's 300wm that I am now in the 30cal magnum camp for bulls. Every animal smaller than a bull, the smaller calibers are just fine.
Hard to beat a big 30 !! đź‘Ť

7 Prc , great brass available and a ton off great bullets.
6.8 has junk brass and limited selection of high bc bullets.
Since OP has 6.5 PRC, skip 6.8 Western and go 7 PRC. It is true that there is a great selection of 7mm bullets. Funny thing is that in my 280AI I have tried many 7mm bullets trying to find good loads; whereas my 6.8 Western shot lights out with my 1st and only bullet ever tried (156HH) and using the Win "junk brass" at 3080 fps.

I went to my lgs yesterday & ended leaving with another ridgeline. Based on what's on the Christensen site it's kinda unique since it's not shown as even an option. It's a 24" 7 PRC tan stock w/a black receiver & muzzle brake & came with a rail.

Attachments

• IMG_2104.jpeg
    IMG_2104.jpeg
    214.5 KB · Views: 34
I went to my lgs yesterday & ended leaving with another ridgeline. Based on what's on the Christensen site it's kinda unique since it's not shown as even an option. It's a 24" 7 PRC tan stock w/a black receiver & muzzle brake & came with a rail.

Congratulations!!!

Beautiful.