7mm wsm worth it??

roughneck065

got a chance at getting a 7mm wsm decent price are they worth it? Ive shot 257 roy and 338 rum for all my my long range applications.. wonder what you guys thought of the 7 wsm?

Love them. Helped build 11 of them last year. It's what we all shoot here. Had mine to 2000 yards, killed my elk at 1350 yards this year. Do it.

I have been hunting with a 7wsm for a few years now. I had it built, and this caliber with a brake on it is nasty. I shot my biggest buck so far with it at 587 yards and dropped him. Im shooting 180 gr bergers with h1000 powder. If you reload its a great caliber as opposed to buying off the shelf. Its not one of those bullets you can find anywhere, thats probably the only downfall of this cartridge. But overall great round.

Probably the most versital of the WSM calibers. Lots of bullet choices for the hand loader and suitable for anything in North America. Great BC bullets. Don't look back.

have Model 70 Coyote in 7WSM and love it. Easy to load for, mild recoil, and puts the smack down on them.

Isn't the only issue with 7mm wsm is bullet availibilty? I thought remington and Winchester were going to discontinue the brass production. Other than that it's a great round. There is an article on 6mmbr.com about the 7mm wsm on guns of the week. great article and great review. I would go for it.

"got a chance at getting a 7mm wsm decent price are they worth it? "

It's a big game cartridge; it works. ?? It's potential usefulness to you will depend on what you think your present rigs can't do just as well. Anyway, without a clue what used rig you're looking at or it's price we really can't tell you if it's "worth it" or not.

I've never noticed any lack of variety in 7MM/.284" hunting bullets. In fact, there may be more of them than any other caliber except maybe .308" bullets.

I have a semi custom Mod 70 CRF Last week I was able to shoot a 32oz Gatorade bottle at 610 yds with it. 64.5 grs of Re#22 162gr A-Max 26" Brux bbl =about 3100 fps .

Attachments

• photo (10).JPG
    photo (10).JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 97
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.