Is annealing 7mm STW brass worth it?

Not trying to highjack but many of you mention neck sizing and not full resizing...... How do I do that with my rounds? When should one do this? are they special dies?

Thanks
Mario

I have no experience with your cal. But I aneal every 4th load with my 300wm. I have 38 reloadings with my win brass and no problems. This is with near max loads. Now I'm using nosler custom brass and my lot is on its 9th loading,so far no troubles. I neck size only and NEVER bump my shoulders. No hard loading or hard bolt lift.

Last edited:
Not trying to highjack but many of you mention neck sizing and not full resizing...... How do I do that with my rounds? When should one do this? are they special dies?

Thanks
Mario

A 7mm Mag full length sizer die will give you about .004 body clerance on the 7stw case. If you set the die high, it will only size the neck. Drop it down a little more and it will also touch the shoulder if that's something you want to do.
After 2 firings my 7mag die just touches the case down by the belt but doesn't really size it. It's set to touch the shoulder should they happen to grow but that hasn't been the case so far, so all I'm really doing is sizing the neck.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.