7mm wsm--this years long range hunting system--video added now pictures added

tjonh2001

Here are a couple pictures of my long range shooting system. This is what i take in the field when i am hunting.

RIFLE
all work done by Nate at SSG
700 long action trued and squared
bolt fluted by ssg
ssg bolt handle
broughton 1-9 sendero
28inch barrel
ssg break
jewell trigger
mcmillan a5 gap adjustable cheek
kwik klip
harris swivel bipod with pod lock
seekins 6 screw rings
ken farrel 20 moa base
8x32x56 nightforce nxs with np-r1

SYSTEM
leica geovid rangefinding binoculars
leica spotting scope
bogan tripod
kestral 3500
pda with exbal
blackhawk drag bag
huntingsystem001.jpg

huntingsystem002.jpg

huntingsystem003.jpg

huntingsystem005.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 7mm wsm--this years long range hunting system

Very nice , thats alot of funds tied up right their.

Sounds like yall did realy well with the 7WSM's the other day , I like to see the Kwik-Klip bottom metal being used seems like it workes realy well on Nate's 7WSM.

S where are pics and vid of the coyote and goat kills?

I dont want to think about the funds that i have stuck in this.its worth every penny though.

I will be posting the 591 yard antilope and 581 yard coyote shots as soon as i get my video uploaded.

Here is my hunt from last friday. Nate from SSG was videoing. we are hunting out in western ND. sorry for the sound it was blowing hard around 18 at 11 0clock. the goat runs of and goes down.the shot hit within 2 inched of my aim. it entered right behind the ribs and exited right behind the offside sholder.
YouTube - long range antilope

Re: 7mm wsm--this years long range hunting system--video added

now toby all those clips full of rounds is a little pessimistic especially when I know how well you shoot. Way to go.

Brent

Now, that's one nice looking rifle. Totally nice and top shelf equipment!

Thank you and great shoot. Nate can sure build a rifle but I dont know about his camera skills???????? Once again great looking rig and nice shot thank you for sharing.

I'll have to agree with you on the camera skills ( or lack of) I was trying to figure out how to use the tri pod. it was tight and chunky. I would put pressure on it and all of a sudden it would just go! It didn't help that it was blowing 18 MPH either. my latest idea is yo mount a video camera on a stock with a bi-pod.. this I am familiar with. then i should be able to track better!?

Here are a few other pix of our hunt and the 180 Berger's and it performance on coyote and antelope. The Coyote was at 300 and the antelope buck was at 150.

308nate

14ph2.jpg

14ph.jpg

14ph3.jpg

cy1.jpg

Last edited:

thanks nate for posting those pictures.

The picture of the buck is my cousin and his first buck goat ever. he was alittle excited. we actually had a chance to shoot this buck at 60 yards running broad side. Chad had so much fever he was shooting at the ground 10 ft in front of us for the first two shots. then when he realized it he was shooting 10 ft behind then infront. the goat was able to get around the hill on us. we circled and was able to find this goat behind another hill. Nathan and Chad were able to sneak over the hill and make a 150 yard shot with nates shooting sysem. as you can see from the skinned animal the 180 berger did substachal damage.

as far as the coyote goes thats a story that only nate can awnser.....

Gorgeous rig there Tjonh2001 and great shooting.. Thanks for sharing..

I am looking to have Nate do some work for me this winter.

Nodak

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.