7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Well the last of my parts are finally in to put my STW together. Now I just have to find time to build this thing. I've been working 50-60 hours a week and haven't put a dent in the pile of guns I have to work on. I'm hoping I might have this thing put together for the speed goat hunt in Oct in South Dakota. We'll see.

I have used quality cartridge with my STW and it shot the same as nosler brass. I have had no issues. It cost some but you can get them.

Well the last of my parts are finally in to put my STW together. Now I just have to find time to build this thing. I've been working 50-60 hours a week and haven't put a dent in the pile of guns I have to work on. I'm hoping I might have this thing put together for the speed goat hunt in Oct in South Dakota. We'll see.

Ben, it's good to hear from you, and I figured you were busy, as most good gunsmiths are right about now! Glad to also hear that you have all your parts, now you just have to find the time to put it all together. Good luck, and take care. I know what you mean about the 50-60 hrs a week too!

I just bought a brick of the Federal GM mag primers about 2 weeks ago. The place had about 5 cases when I was there.

But they didn't have anything else, which sucked. I needed to get some Federal GM 210 primers, but nothing. They didn't even have any large rifle primers at all!!!!

This place usually has powder and primers out the wazzo, but it was all gone this time. I am glad that I did get some RL25 in early Jan.

I bought around 300 rem stw brass last year; should be good for a few days.

As to primers, I've bought a couple cases lately; I inventoried yesterday and I've got 11 K in large rifle and large rifle mag primers, not counting open boxes. Got another few hundred there. About 1/2 of that is federal stuff.

If you mean the Magnum match Primers, I have a Brick..... Nah, Nah..... :)

dan

Dano, I am on a waiting list for three bricks of 215 GM primers. Everything else, I'm in pretty good shape with. My gun dealer just got a ton of Hornady bullets in all calibers except 338. So, at least there is a little bit of things trickling in, I just need 215 GM's.
Hope all is well!
Did you just have surgery?

Dano, I am on a waiting list for three bricks of 215 GM primers. Everything else, I'm in pretty good shape with. My gun dealer just got a ton of Hornady bullets in all calibers except 338. So, at least there is a little bit of things trickling in, I just need 215 GM's.
Hope all is well!
Did you just have surgery?

I hope they don't cost you too much. It seems that one of my local shops has lots of federal Large rifle 210s and Magnum 215s, but no match stuff. They are Charging $38 a Brick. I normally use CCI 200s, 250s (magnum), and BR-2 (Benchrest). I've used federal Magnum Match before, and I like them in my 7STW, Which is why I bought the Brick.

No, I had Sugery in November and Went back to work in Early January. Doc is saying that I need another Surgery later this year on that same knee to straighten out my leg. Not terribly excited about that. My Finances are shot and we have to figgure that part out before we can do the next surgery.

later!

Dan

Guys, just got off the phone with the owner of REDHAWK RIFLES! I was referred to them on a Stock issue that I am having on a build that I have going on right now. I left my name and info on his website, and he called me within about twenty minutes. And, to boot, he has my stock in his inventory, and is considerably cheaper then where I was going to get it from. Very friendly, and even explained how to remove material from the barrel channel to accommodate a larger barrel, without " butchering" it. Just wanted to pass along the info to any of the " Brothers" who may need his services, or products. He also does machine work as well. Red Hawk Rifles is the website info. Check them out!:D