7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Thanks, I didn't make a profit but I saw someone bought some, a 100 lot at Graf's (.60 free shipping) but they had a limited supply, and now another lot of 500 available by MidSouth at .60 + or - shipping if they charge it? I'd buy it at that price, but who knows. The stuff does get in short supply. I still have 150 extra from the original 2000, but I am going to keep it as I'll use.

I did however email my wholesaler and I trust him and he can get volume, here's what he wrote me:

Ed,

Prices must have dropped for some reason with the April Wholesaler catalog. I have not recieved mine yet for some reason but expected prices to increase. I always check Graf's retail price before I price anything, they are my guideline that I beat.

Sorry, I though we were doing the right thing ordering pre new price. Maybe thats why catalog is running late, it usually is here before the quarter ends.

Sorry, I am upside down on some also.

John

I'd give his last name but out of courtesy i wouldn't want to embarrass him in any way. I learned something, but I believe he sells them to me with little profit. It will be interesting to see where prices go this year. Now I know to check 2 other sources, Graf's, Midsouth and I always look at Midway, Cabela's and Bruno's.

I hope this clears any confusion.

Ed

Gamehawker,

That's a good price for brass, is shipping free? I paid .72 but with 2000, they came drop shipped free, insured.

Let me know though, I will call my wholesaler and give him hell. But I'd like to know the net cost. You're and talking around .60 per case without shipping. That's the lowest I've ever seen. Someone bought a small lot last week I read at the same price, from Graf's so it's important to me as I will be buying again this year.

It looks like the shipping to me would be $12.92 for a total of $305.48 (brass with shipping).

So the cost per case would be .61 cents.

That's an awesome price.

I paid a total of $387.33 at Natchez for 500, so the cost was .77 cents per case.

I guess I should have waited.

Thanks for the great info and encouragement. I'm hoping to find out thursday, I'll post my results.:)

If the price is right , grab it. I have heard good things about them, but you know that there is a dog in every bush , though! Is it stainless or CM? Either way, if the price is right, go for it.

It is a 26" Stainless Steel with a "I believe" #3 varmint barrel, brand new never thread on action .short chambered 7mmstw..for $110. ????

Been going through my 7STW stuff and found a box and half of WW Ballistic Silvertip factory loads. They came with an STW I got from a friend.

Any of you guys used these loads? What's the black coating on the bullets? Looks and feels like teflon........I'm concerned that it will foul my bbl. and be hard to remove. I don't do moly and have no desire to get into coated bullets.

Should I just pull the bullets and salvage the brass??

Thanks,
Jim
Its Lubalox not teflon....IMO one of the best bullets I have ever shot .....its a coated Nosler BT and it wont foul the barrel like teflon will ........you can shoot them with no worries

Thanks, I didn't make a profit

I hope this clears any confusion.

Ed

Ed, We all KNEW the price when we purchased from you...You did a LOT of work for all of us who purchased these brass,,as I said in my orginal "thank-You" post..You went above and beyond to help us "Brotherhood" guys!! Thanks Again!!

Been going through my 7STW stuff and found a box and half of WW Ballistic Silvertip factory loads. They came with an STW I got from a friend.

Any of you guys used these loads? What's the black coating on the bullets? Looks and feels like teflon........I'm concerned that it will foul my bbl. and be hard to remove. I don't do moly and have no desire to get into coated bullets.

Should I just pull the bullets and salvage the brass??

Thanks,
Jim
Jim,
I used to shoot them because they shot so darned good out of my built stw, probably the best shooting 150gr. bullet I've shot through it to this point, but when it came to performance on whitetails, it would tear up too quick and would only make one hole even out to 250 yards so I quit hunting with them because of that. Killed a big 7 pt. at 250 yds. and the bullet was lodged under the skin on the opposite side and was completely peeled back to the heel on a double lung shot, but I guess you can't get any deader that dead.:D
FE

Ed, We all KNEW the price when we purchased from you...You did a LOT of work for all of us who purchased these brass,,as I said in my orginal "thank-You" post..You went above and beyond to help us "Brotherhood" guys!! Thanks Again!!
Ed,
I will double Sackett on that brother, it's all good.:D
Thank you again,
FE

Ed,

I also concur with Fred and Sackett said. I was thrilled to have found that some one could even get brass for us. I had been looking for a while and couldn't find any.

You went above what any one could have expected by finding us the brass and aranging to get it for us and then getting it sent to us in a timely fashion.

thanks again.

I'm proud to be part of this brother hood!

Dan

Ed,
To close the loop on my brass situation, first I found 50 new Rem. cases that I didn't remember that I had; then I found 100 new Winchester cases that I had forgotten.

So---about 300 cases, half new and half once fired.

Thanks guys, I've learned a little more on checking the marketplace just before the order is given, my wholesaler is pretty honest and a great source, I don't think he is overly greed oriented, he's real honest, I'm pretty good at sensing that as I check around first) brass is a commodity and I do know prices vary, also sometimes bigger marketers use it as a loss leader hoping you'll keep shopping on their site. This is probably the answer to the price difference, Midway and Cabela's didn't have any and they have the same connestions as him. My wholesaler told me, the max he could get was 4000 cases before the next run, so supplies out there are low. I bought 50 rem 8mm RP mag brass to keep in reserve for resizing that cost me 63 bucks with non insured shipping. I still feel okay to have them, but I paid up for these. Rem 7mm stw brass is about the best out there for now.

Jim,
I used to shoot them because they shot so darned good out of my built stw, probably the best shooting 150gr. bullet I've shot through it to this point, but when it came to performance on whitetails, it would tear up too quick and would only make one hole even out to 250 yards so I quit hunting with them because of that. Killed a big 7 pt. at 250 yds. and the bullet was lodged under the skin on the opposite side and was completely peeled back to the heel on a double lung shot, but I guess you can't get any deader that dead.:D
FE

FE,
I have been using Nosler BT & Ballistic Silvertips for years, I agree sometimes they do not shoot thur & thur,,,BUT here is how I look at it,,,the animal absorbs the entire energy that the bullet produces! When a bullet passes thur there is LOST energy still in the bullet!! If it does not pass thur the animal took it ALL!!