7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Dude, that thing is giving me goosebumps. It looks like she 'll shoot whatever you feed her.
What year s is your action?
Looks like you've done your homework, planned your work, and worked your plan as I say.
Nice rig there Doug, I'm sure your proud to carry it, i know I would! Enjoy!

It was a stock Rem 700 SPS that I purchased in Feb 2014. I changed the stock immediately to the HS Precision. It was a total tack driver. Burned out the barrel cuz I just enjoyed shooting it too much. Put a Wyatts Mag box on it. Carbon Six did a nice job with the barrel and they chambered it, installed it on the action, squared the bolt face and action, and lapped the lugs. Can't wait to see what she can really do. It has a 1:8 twist so I can shoot the heavies

It was a stock Rem 700 SPS that I purchased in Feb 2014. I changed the stock immediately to the HS Precision. It was a total tack driver. Burned out the barrel cuz I just enjoyed shooting it too much. Put a Wyatts Mag box on it. Carbon Six did a nice job with the barrel and they chambered it, installed it on the action, squared the bolt face and action, and lapped the lugs. Can't wait to see what she can really do. It has a 1:8 twist so I can shoot the heavies

I was just curious, on the year, big green had some tooling issues, and some of the bolt lugs, shoulders were less then square. Hopefully, your barrel fitter checked that.
And yeah, you should be able to shoot the heavies , with the 8 twist. Share some targets when you get some. Enjoy!

I was just curious, on the year, big green had some tooling issues, and some of the bolt lugs, shoulders were less then square. Hopefully, your barrel fitter checked that.
And yeah, you should be able to shoot the heavies , with the 8 twist. Share some targets when you get some. Enjoy!

I got lucky.......it was a shooter from day one. I know Lefty had issues with his and sent it back to Remington a couple of times. I ended up hand lapping the bolt lugs about a year ago since they weren't very square. Carbon Six lapped the lugs after they squared up the action and everything looks great. For the barrel install and "truing" the action/bolt, it only cost $165!! It's not a blue print job, but it's a definite improvement over the way it came from the factory

I got lucky.......it was a shooter from day one. I know Lefty had issues with his and sent it back to Remington a couple of times. I ended up hand lapping the bolt lugs about a year ago since they weren't very square. Carbon Six lapped the lugs after they squared up the action and everything looks great. For the barrel install and "truing" the action/bolt, it only cost $165!! It's not a blue print job, but it's a definite improvement over the way it came from the factory
$165???? You can't beat that ..... I may send some stuff that way if you like them that much

$165???? You can't beat that ..... I may send some stuff that way if you like them that much

So far I've been impressed. The carbon wrapped barrel was only a few bucks more than a stainless steel barrel, that's why I splurged and got the carbon wrapped barrel. They told me 16 weeks for turn around time, but had in done in 7.5 weeks too!!

Looks really good I must say.kinda makes me wanna burn up my barrel.Ill have to see if I can get one in Canada.

A few years ago, one of the followers, bought a rifle, tgst was a special run, in 7STW. I can't remember if thst was Lefty, or someone else. He had more trouble with thst thing, we all felt sorry for him. In sure Bean, remembers. He sent it back to remmy, two or three times. And I'm not sure if he got it right or not. That was about 2012-3013 or so. That was why I asked you about what year was your action. I think he was having accuracy issues, but I remember a comment about the lugs, rough Barrel, or something.
You did good, although, i have no experience with the carbon wrapped barrels, I haven't heard no bad talk about them.
Shes, Badass bro!

A few years ago, one of the followers, bought a rifle, tgst was a special run, in 7STW. I can't remember if thst was Lefty, or someone else. He had more trouble with thst thing, we all felt sorry for him. In sure Bean, remembers. He sent it back to remmy, two or three times. And I'm not sure if he got it right or not. That was about 2012-3013 or so. That was why I asked you about what year was your action. I think he was having accuracy issues, but I remember a comment about the lugs, rough Barrel, or something.
You did good, although, i have no experience with the carbon wrapped barrels, I haven't heard no bad talk about them.
Shes, Badass bro!
I think is was Lefty and man that thing was a mess

It was Lefty. He sent me a note back when I first bought my rifle and told me about all his issues and said I was lucky I got a good shooting rifle

HEhe certainly had a time with thst rascal, but I think he worked it out, or shipped it out. (Been there, done that). Glad you got a good one.

I had the lh bdl semi-custom with the messed up headspacing and bad barrel fitment... I got my rifle re-barreled and she's been pretty good since... I think it was Bob that had issues; I know I sold him some brass and it was torn up in a hurry when he was trying to sort out his issues. It was one of the rem sps rifles in stw that were out year before last. My brother also bought one of those rifles; the bbl. was crappy enough he decided to re-barrel that rifle too.

I was able to get out and test some rounds today. Although the wind was at 11mph I just needed to do it. I had a itch Glad I did. Wasn't expecting this at all but I'll take it.
7mm STW, H1000, CCI250, 160gr Nosler Accubond, 100yrds, FL sized R-P brass, OAL 3.600, Jump of .070 Made a scope adjustment between the 2 groups and I over corrected by 1/2".

Attachments

• AFF66B78-FCF9-4D19-8AD2-7A8634E6E5BE.jpeg
    AFF66B78-FCF9-4D19-8AD2-7A8634E6E5BE.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 61
I was able to get out and test some rounds today. Although the wind was at 11mph I just needed to do it. I had a itch Glad I did. Wasn't expecting this at all but I'll take it.
7mm STW, H1000, CCI250, 160gr Nosler Accubond, 100yrds, FL sized R-P brass, OAL 3.600, Jump of .070 Made a scope adjustment between the 2 groups and I over corrected by 1/2".
WhooHoo......She's a shooter and that's some very nice trigger work as well , Congrats