7mm Sendero and Berger bullets?

mustfish

I ordered a new Sendero today in 7mm. 9.25 twist. I was thinking about using ammo loaded by Best of the West using the Berger VLD 168. I don't handload so I am having to buy factory loads for the time being. Just wondering if they are worth the 60 some dollar a box price? Looking at the reviews on VLD's, most handloaders talk about adjusting seating depth to get good results. Since these will be preloaded and I can't control depth, what kind of accuracy might I expect.

what are you shooting at? where are you? i found accubonds real close to the accuracy of the bergers.

I am going to be using this rifle for deer hunting and would also like to start shooting at extended ranges on paper. I am in NC. Just from reading this forum I realize I have alot to learn.

If you don't handload, your choices and most likely your effective range will be somewhat constrained.

I think BOTW ammo is probably pretty good. But, you might also check into HSM and Black Hills. Cabela's often carries those on the shelf.

There are lots of factory ammo choices for 7RM. But, it gets expensive buying a whole box just to see how well your rifle likes them. ...and you'll want high BC bullets for long range.

-- richard

i would use 140 grain for deer. you will find the high bc of the heavier ones vs the speed of the lighter ones make them virtually equal until you get very far.

You really should get into handloading so you can try a variety of bullets and save money. Actually you won't save any money but you will be able to shoot alot more. <grin>

Available ammo may or may not shoot in your rifle. I am certain you CAN get handloads to shoot if your rifle is sound and have a great deal of fun doing it.

Give the HSM a try, it's the same as the BOTW only not as much mark up. It will either be great or not so much, if it's good order a large lot and rock on. I've helped a couple guys with that same set up get dialed in with that ammo and it has been fairly good.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.