7mm RUM help

jlvandersnick

I have a custom 7 rum that I bought on this forum about 2 1/2 years ago. Shooting 85 grns Retumbo and 180 VLDs. According to what I was told when I bought it ...it now has about 150 to 175 rds through it. Recently I started getting one flyer out of a three shot group at 800 yds. The flyer is usually about 12 inches under the other two, which are typically about 3-4 inches apart.

So it seems that I need to tweak the load a little ? ? are there any "usually s" that would apply here. Like "usually if you just move the bullet a little closer to the barrel" or "many times just reducing or increasing the powder charge".

I know some of you guys have a lot of experience with the "big sevens"...any help would be appreciated.

Also, thinking about changing to the new 195 VLDs, how much should I reduce the powder charge from 85 grns retumbo?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.