7mm RM. IMR-7828 Bullet choice

I think most people use Berger and Eldx bullets looking for more accuracy and energy at long range. If your dad's not looking for long range, any bullet 160 gr. or better will work well. I've used Barnes and Berger VLDs, and had good kills with both.

Working on an elk load for my father's 7mm RM. He has always shot 175gr Sierra GK. I feel that there may be better elk bullet choices. He has IMR-7828 powder on hand. Wondering if anyone shoots 175 gr Nosler Partitions or Hornady ELD-x with IMR-7828?
I've used the 175 Sierra GKs with great terminal performance and accuracy results in my 7mm Rem Mag. But I use H-4831 over a Federal 215 primer

Working on an elk load for my father's 7mm RM. He has always shot 175gr Sierra GK. I feel that there may be better elk bullet choices. He has IMR-7828 powder on hand. Wondering if anyone shoots 175 gr Nosler Partitions or Hornady ELD-x with IMR-7828?

The 175 SGK is a heck of a bullet, but the Nosler is the Gold Standard! I'd first work up a load with what you have and call it a day.

When and where is his elk hunt?

The 175 SGK is a heck of a bullet, but the Nosler is the Gold Standard! I'd first work up a load with what you have and call it a day.

When and where is his elk hunt?
Thank you I appreciate it. Montana this fall hopefully.

I would drop down to a bullet weight that gives me a solid 3000-3100fps.

Maybe 145-155gr?

Friend of mine took a large cow with a 7RM last year using 7828sc under a 162gr interlock last year, moving about 2950. Shot was 300 yards and the bullet barely clipped the offside shoulder and lodged in the hide. Bullet weighed 96 grains.
I know it wasn't one of your bullet choices, but I was surprised with the accuracy and terminal performance.

7mm Rem Mag
26" tube
175 grain Nosler Partition
WW-cases
Fed-215 Primer
IMR-7828 66. 0 grains
MV- 15' 3060 FPS three shot group .5 MOA