IMR 7828

ThrdKllr

Does anyone know if regular cut 7828 has been discontinued in favor of 7828 SSC ? I've searched here and elsewhere for this information but haven't found anything on it. Thanks

Case fill could be one reason to choose one over the other. I've seen zero difference between them from a load/charge weight/accuracy standpoint. Others have seen otherwise, however.

From the manufacturing standpoint, I can certainly see lots of reasons to consolidate.

Steve

I have only used IMR7828 in one load. It was developed with SSC, but when I could not find any, I used standard. Saw no difference, but that is only ONE point of reference. I have a little over 3lbs of the standard left. None of SSC, but not loading any at the momment.

I've used both in my larger cased rounds especially with longer barrels and have not seen any different except the volume inside the case.
Same experience here along with the others, no difference other than case fill.
I haven't seen regular IMR 7828 in a few years and that's fine since SSC meter's much better.

I was just curious as I haven't seen any anywhere for sale and it doesn't show up on Hogdons/IMR website. I use it in my 7mmRM and the SSC works but it doesn't fill the case. Wanted to try it in my 300WM but it would be rattling around. Thanks for the replies.
The last regular cut I bought was in the metal can.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Hasn't been that long since I bought it but it is definitely old stock. Couldn't detect any difference with the recently purchased SSC. It has been in a controlled environment since I bought it. Groups just as well as the new ones.