IMR 7828 SSC

Right on! Yes, I always test all my loads in late spring and summer here so its "hot" over 80 degrees. Never do I push things to ragged edge or use compressed loads. Ideally I'm at 95% of max. I just don't want to neuter a 300 Weatherby. I will use other powders and I have a bunch of lead free bullets in different weights to play with as well. I also have 212 eld-x and Berger 210 grain bullets on hand. Should be fun.
Raudy- what part of the 707 are you in? I feel your pain with the summer temps. It was 117 in Middletown last A zone. I haven't loaded my 300 wby with the 7828 ssc but have great luck with RL23 and Barnes 200 LRX.

You were an hour and a half away from me. I'm in Ukiah. Blacktail season is ridiculously hot here in Lake and Mendo County. I hunt archery in July and then A zone and B zone.

My 300 bee loves 83.0 gr of IMR7828 with Barnes 180ttsx, shoots 1/2 in at 200 yards and 3250 at the barrel.. As others have said it is a little temp sensitive but when I hunt its less than 30 deg so I load mine in the summer and it will shoot good in the winter.

I have some 7828 and 7828ssc. It is hard to get precise loads with 7828 because of the long cut. Can you use the 7828 and trickle 7828ssc into the same load?
Now there's an interesting question!!!! My gut
Tells me it's not advisable but I have nothing to base that on besides my understanding that even the exact same powder but of a different lot number can have a different burn rate (lookin at you RL22!)

Now there's an interesting question!!!! My gut
Tells me it's not advisable but I have nothing to base that on besides my understanding that even the exact same powder but of a different lot number can have a different burn rate (lookin at you RL22!)
my thinking is +/- .2 grain should not make a difference being the same powder just different cut and different lot