7mm Rem Mag VS 6.8 Western

The 6.8 Westerner's New Design, should have been, a LONGER, Necked, 7MM WSM+P+ ( 1-8 Twist ) round and then, we'd have, a real,.. "Winner" !
Put it in, a midsized to Long Action ( TIKKA Sized, W/ correct Magazine length, like IT SHOULD have been, 20 years, ago) and THEN,.. "Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner" ! Once again, the Winchester Engineers,.. "Muffed it" !
But, we can build, a 7 Sherman Short, 7-.270 WSM, or, 7 SAUM, to DO, what's,. really, NEEDED !
SORRY, but the 6.8 Western, doesn't Impress, me and, the 7MM Rem Mag. "choice", is BETTER !
They need a 7prc based on the 300prc case with a 1:8 tw standard.

The 6.8 Western IMO, is just the beginning of "new" cartridges that will be designed for fast twist and high BC, longer COAL required receivers to allow factory rifles provide this "higher" performance to shooters that don't build their performance. I will not be surprised by a bevy of new ones, let's guess the next "new" one? I am thinking quarter bore will be next, how about 25 Eastern😂.

Which is why I built a fast twist .270Win that will toss a 170EOL 3075 all day no pressure with RL26. If you are going to build a rifle for .270 caliber why not .270Win cartridge? Brass no problem, RL26 is magic with it, use standard or mag primer.
We already have a 25eastern it's called the 25hillbilly or 25creedmoor.

6.6 creed is the hottest Sr guy in the school banging all the ignorant freshman ladies. Goes great for the first quarter....then no one else gets a shot of leg in the grass because they (remaining ignorant ladies) all got educated real quick by just watching the first ignorant ones get bent over. Hornady nailed it by being the first one down the freshman hall, and everyone who followed just gets left overs because its still better than rosy and her five sisters.

6.6 creed is the hottest Sr guy in the school banging all the ignorant freshman ladies. Goes great for the first quarter....then no one else gets a shot of leg in the grass because they (remaining ignorant ladies) all got educated real quick by just watching the first ignorant ones get bent over. Hornady nailed it by being the first one down the freshman hall, and everyone who followed just gets left overs because its still better than rosy and her five sisters.
Truef!!🤣😂😂

I am gathering up for a "long range" 06 build. Seeing some of the posts that did this has me fired up to build one!

I also have a newly built Rifle chambered in 270 win, super long throat, heavy heart barrel with an eight twist. In the spring I will develop a load for the 170 grain burger bullet. Must shoot it single shot but that's just fine with me for long range target. I am hoping to find a load using H 4831SC, if possible. I would love to hear any suggestions.

I also have a newly built Rifle chambered in 270 win, super long throat, heavy heart barrel with an eight twist. In the spring I will develop a load for the 170 grain burger bullet. Must shoot it single shot but that's just fine with me for long range target. I am hoping to find a load using H 4831SC, if possible. I would love to hear any suggestions.
Only one powder to try IMO, is RL26. It is by far the Pixie Dust for the .270 Win. Search LRH for .270 Thors Hammer.