7mm Rem Mag VS 6.8 Western

The 350 legend isn't legendary and IS NOT more powerful than the 30wcf. Also Winchester doesn't make AR15s
The 6arc does not have the same downrange energy of a 308. (also no government agencies have adopted this caliber)
While the 6.5 creed is basically just a moderized 6.5x55sweed there are things that it also is not (300wm)
Well I guess the reason the 224valk never took off is cuz nobody lied and said it was more powerful than a 22-250....
Marketing Propaganda? The 350 Legend is a new design case capable of far higher pressures than 30WCF Rifles were designed to withstand. One purpose (I see) of the Legend Case is utilizing the 9mm sized Case for Rifle capability and in that respect we have not yet touched the surface of possibilities. Imagine the Legend Case Sold in 22 or 6 Sport, impressive indeed. If you want to really go at it downsize the Legend to 30 Caliber, it's a single step process and I'm confident it can go toe to toe with the 30WCF. Same goes for the "30 Thompson Contender Center" which was a more efficient Case or "modernized 308" converted into 6.5mm. It's success's speak for itself. I see the 6.5 Creed as the modern 250 Savage and outstanding Hunter with 120-130 Grain Bullets. The Valkyrie suffers from weak brass and problematic Chamber designs. Yet even with these imperfections proved to be an outstanding long range Cartridge. The 6ARC never learned to tread water imo due to C19 it never made it onto the market. Other than gun tubers the 6 ARC is a fictional Caliber. These aforementioned Calibers are not merely marketing hyperbole. They have proven modern designs are superior but in the "Market" better doesn't always hold water. The Western delivers albeit in an inflated market and still far less expensive than various Weatherby offerings. With the Western there's just no need to reload as the average hunter gets everything neatly wrapped or Boxed and ready to go,...

Last edited:
The marketing dept and the product development dept. is charged with coming up with new and interesting SALEABLE products. That is their job. All major companies must grow the bottom line , or die. Thats just business. So at some point they did some "Voice of the Customer " surveys, and decided that a .270 with a faster twist , shooting a heavy for caliber bullet, would be an interesting and saleable product. Do .270 Win Kill whitetail and mule deer and elk? Sure ; do 270 Weatherby's kill the same game? Sure; do 270 Win short Mags kill the same game? Sure . So , an executive decision gets made to try to market a.270 Cal rifle, that shoots heavies like a 7mm mag and round out the 270 Product Line. As a former senior marketing manager of an Ortho Trauma Implant company, and a 270 Win and 270 Weatherby Mag shooter , I think they did a very nice job with the new rifle , and Factory Ammo Line. It sure is interesting, because there seems to be a discussion on it on this blog every week. We keep comparing it to the Tried and Tue Classics like the .270 Win and 7 Rem mag. Wow, the new kid is put in the same club as the Classics. Pretty Good. Now ,I don't intend to sell my 270 Win and Weatherby rifles and run out and get one, and you surely don't need to get rid of your excellent 7 mag , but If I were in the market for a Big Game rifle for Whitetail , Mule Deer , Antelope , and Elk, I would take a look at that 6.8 Western . It deserves a look, I think. Just My 2 cents