7mm Rem Mag Accubonds?

Autorotate19

Im going to load up some 160gr accubonds for my 7mm. What powder has everyone been using? I have some H1000 and Retumbo. Can anyone give me some starting loads with each and what kind of velocity your getting? I know every rifle is different but how far does your rifle like them off the lands? Thanks

Last edited:
I have had very good luck shooting 160 Grain Accubonds in my Ruger Mark II using RL-22 and H1000 powders. I have gotten excellent accuracy and good velocity out of H1000, but my gun has a long throat and I hesitate to give you the exact load. However if you start at about 65 grains and work up looking for pressure signs you should be able to get very close to if not over 3000 ft/sec out of this load with a 24 inch barrel.

I went out and loaded up from 66 grains to 74 grain of retumbo with no pressure signs but it was really compressed at 74 so Im going to shoot some groups at 73 grains 15 thousands off the lands and see how it does.

I like RL-22 in the 7mm, with the 160 gr accubonds. I use Norma brass, CCI250 primers, 65 gr RL-22, seated off the lands a little. This is very accurate in my rifle, and around 2950 FPS.

I use H 4831sc with good velocities and accuracy.

Load 64grains with a mag primer.(Starting load).

J E CUSTOM

I called nosler and they said to seat them 15-30 thou off. So I loaded up 73 grains retumbo at 15 thousands off. First group was about 1.5" with two touching, next group was the same pattern 2.0", and the last was just under an inch. I cant figure it out though. This gun will consistently put the first two very close and the third one opens it up low and left? I dont think it is me because I shot another gun at the same time and groups were awesome? Any ideas? I was thinking seating them at 10 thousands? Any input is appreciated!

My 257 Wby does the same thing if I shoot too fast. First two touching and the third off to the right horizontally. Slow it down and it's three rounds under a dime all day long.

Southpaw

I think I may have a winner........
160gr accubonds, 72grs retumbo, nosler cases, cci mag primers, 30 thousands off....
100 yards
IMAG0026.jpg

It took me awhile but persistence pays off...

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts