Goto loads for 7mm REM Mag and 160 Accubonds

Tagging in bought a used ,great shape 700 /7mag with stock blued /stainless bbl ,it's almost 51 yrs young , it's shooting great just had to Crow a little ,great thread OP !!! Long live Remington Arms !!!!!, 55 stone tell us your load so we can help you Brother , Cheers Everyone thks!

Well I don't have a set load that I like yet.. using 160 GR. Accubonds, Reloader 22, CCI 250 primers.. I have done load work from min. Suggested powder charge up to 65.00 of powder with no real luck. Im bumping the shoulder back .003 on what was new brass when I started load devolpemnt. I haven't really played with seating depth as I was hoping to get a powder charge I was confident with first. I have been loading to .010 off the lands.. I did try and set of 2 powder charge weights jammed into the lands and also ran a set of 64.0 to 64.8 grains at SAMMI max COAL just for fun. I'm starting to think it's the rifle.. rifle is a Remington 700 LA 26" factory sporter barrel with a HS precision stock, trigger tech trigger. I do have a chronograph that is a *** but I have been running all of these over the chronograph.getting around 2900 depending on load obviously.

Well I don't have a set load that I like yet.. using 160 GR. Accubonds, Reloader 22, CCI 250 primers.. I have done load work from min. Suggested powder charge up to 65.00 of powder with no real luck. Im bumping the shoulder back .003 on what was new brass when I started load devolpemnt. I haven't really played with seating depth as I was hoping to get a powder charge I was confident with first. I have been loading to .010 off the lands.. I did try and set of 2 powder charge weights jammed into the lands and also ran a set of 64.0 to 64.8 grains at SAMMI max COAL just for fun. I'm starting to think it's the rifle.. rifle is a Remington 700 LA 26" factory sporter barrel with a HS precision stock, trigger tech trigger. I do have a chronograph that is a *** but I have been running all of these over the chronograph.getting around 2900 depending on load obviously.

Never seen a 160 AB shoot its best until at least .050 up to as much as .120 off the lands. Jump it more and see. I start at .030 and and seat .020 increments and start shooting 2 at a time. If won't group 2 no need to shoot 3rd. My 7RM sendero shoots the 140 AB best at .075 off lands.

Last edited:
55S, is your rifle new , nice to have a26 inch bbl, tell me what brass your useing , I'm a big Fan of Alliant powders !!! Thk you Sir , I'll be Back
It was bought used without the stock and trigger, using Hornady brass that was bought new

Ok, my Hornady manual is #5 in it they use a24 bbl 1/9 twist,WLR primer , max col 3.290 with a 162 Hornady bullet powder RL/22 start is 52.3 for2600 max is63.0 grains. For 3,000 fps . Any pressure signs with your reloads ? You might like as suggested to jump your bullet more ,note I've used non mag primers and I've been satisfied but not all the time do I use a non mag primer , what other powders do you have on hand, in case RL/22 won't work , thks you bullet choice can beFantastically accurate just saying , cci250 primers Very good ! Thks

A
Never seen a 160 AB shoot its best until at least .050 up to as much as .120 off the lands. Jump it more and see. I start at .030 and and seat .020 increments and start shooting 2 at a time. If won't group 2 no need to shoot 3rd. My 7RM sendero shoots the 140 AB best at .075 off lands.
Alright I will try some more jump..
Ok, my Hornady manual is #5 in it they use a24 bbl 1/9 twist,WLR primer , max col 3.290 with a 162 Hornady bullet powder RL/22 start is 52.3 for2600 max is63.0 grains. For 3,000 fps . Any pressure signs with your reloads ? You might like as suggested to jump your bullet more ,note I've used non mag primers and I've been satisfied but not all the time do I use a non mag primer , what other powders do you have on hand, in case RL/22 won't work , thks you bullet choice can beFantastically accurate just saying , cci250 primers Very good ! Thks
I don't really have any other good 7mm powders laying around.. I'm not against switching to a different bullet or bullet weight and or powder though.. should I try the 140 accubonds? anyone having good luck with the ELDX in 7mm? They shoot incredible in my .308, I haven't tried them in anything else yet.

55 stone , how do your reloads shoot /group ?3 shots /5? Shooting what yardage ? Your the Boss of what you want to load , guys are getting very good accuracy out of the eldx 162's from what I've seen here on our forums . 140 accubonds should shoot great just saying thks , good Reloading to you !!!

55 stone , how do your reloads shoot /group ?3 shots /5? Shooting what yardage ? Your the Boss of what you want to load , guys are getting very good accuracy out of the eldx 162's from what I've seen here on our forums . 140 accubonds should shoot great just saying thks , good Reloading to you !!![/QUOTE

3 shot groups. I try to wait until barrel temp is back down to the same before I shoot the next group. I have a IR temp gun. I went out and tried some longer jump. I tried 2 groups at .050 jump and 2 at .075 jump. With 65.0 and 65.2 grains of reloaded 22 when I got home from work tonight.. all the groups were around 1.25". These are from 100 yards off a permantly mounted shooting bench with front bipod and bag in the rear.

Thks 55s, so nopressure signs, scope mounts tight ,what your opinion of your groups 1.25 ain't that bad but it's not in your thumbnail either , any more 160's left, try 0.25 thou of the lands,scratching my head a little .

i do have some more left and some more RL22 left. there not bad but there nothing like what i normal get with my other rifles. i have never had a rifle/cartridge fight me like this one lol... im not in love with the caliber or rifle to be honest. this might be not the normal but i dont love the remington 700 action. atleast the stock one. i have never owned a aftermarket R700 clone action..

I here ya , saw your other post about pricing it out , sorry for your trouble ,thks for talking & do what you gotta do .Cheers
THANK YOU for all the help. i hate to in a way give up on it but i havent been in love with it since i got it and think i could be happier with something else but we will see. let me sit on it for a couples days without shooting it and i will be like alright time to kick this things *** and get back to reloading for it lol.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.