7mm mag and 160 accubond?

shootinfool

I am looking to play around with the 160 gr. accubond in my rem 700 pss 7mm mag and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what has worked for them. I am leaning towards using retumbo powder but am open to any suggestions. If you have any load info like kind of powder, weight of powder load, length of barrel, velocity, and accuracy would be greatly appreciated.

I use RL-22. MV is 3015 from a 24" barrel with Norma brass. Accuracy is unbelievable (I don't even believe it!).

AJ

+1 on the Accubond and RL-22. I've been using 62gr. of RL-22 with Federal Brass, and CCI-250 Magnum primers. With this load, I get ca. 2877 FPS, with ES = 45, and SD=12, out of a 24" tube. Sierra lists 63 gr as the max charge with a 160 gr partition/accubond.

67.6 gr IMR 7828 SSC powder
CCI 250M primer
MV 3050 fps
24 3/8" barrel
160 ABs seated 0.020" away from the lands

+1 on the Accubond and RL-22. I've been using 62gr. of RL-22 with Federal Brass, and CCI-250 Magnum primers. With this load, I get ca. 2877 FPS, with ES = 45, and SD=12, out of a 24" tube. Sierra lists 63 gr as the max charge with a 160 gr partition/accubond.

In my rifle with Norma brass, 63gr is a VERY light load when used with remington 9 1/2 primers. I get better performance with the non-mag primers and am able to get a bit heavier charge and more velocity with very good brass life.

just fyi

AJ

thank you for all the good advise and help. i think to just satisify my own curiosity I will try both the RL-22 and the Retumbo powders. I will be using a 26 inch barrel and federal brass with gm215 primers. We will see how everything comes together. thanks again for all the help.

In my rifle with Norma brass, 63gr is a VERY light load when used with remington 9 1/2 primers. I get better performance with the non-mag primers and am able to get a bit heavier charge and more velocity with very good brass life.

just fyi

AJ

Thanks for the information, I was going to ask what charge you were using? I have heard from a lot of people that non-magnum primers would improve the accuracy of RL-22 in the 7mm. I just ordered some norma brass, and will give it a go with the Rem primers. I find the 62gr charge to be pretty mild to shoot and had gone up to 63.5 with no signs of pressure. I kept coming back to the 62gr charge for accuracy.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.