7mm rem mag accubond reloads

7millmag

hi my name is Scott I've been getting into reloading a little in the past couple years. I've got nosler accubond lr, and i'm looking for a good powder that will help my groups a little bit better, re-loader 25 is what i'm using now. anything that helps bring the grouping tighter is greatly appreciated.

ps: this is for hunting,

thanks

Ditch the accubombs,or slow them down to where they perform as advertised,by far the worst performing bullet Ive seen in the field for a 7mag.gun)

Ditch the accubombs,or slow them down to where they perform as advertised,by far the worst performing bullet Ive seen in the field for a 7mag.gun)
I'm intrigued, how is it, in your opinion, that they don't perform?
I have a question, how many have you recovered to make your conclusions?

Cheers.
gun)

rl22 and 7828 have served me well in the 7rem over the years. My last 7rem was also shooting well with retumbo of all powders with the 171 barnes. The ablr (150grain for me) are a bit flaky; I thought I had a decent load with my 7stw and rl25 with them 'till the season changed. I'll have to try other powder and run her up again myself.

I also agree. In my 7rm I cannot get good performance with the accubombs or the 162 amax.
What works best in my rifle is
number 1 IMR7828 mag primers for 150grn sp and 150grn ETIP
number 2 RL22 mag primers for 175grn sp
and just for fall plinking, 139grn hornady with IMR3031 (yes I know I will get a lot of What! but IMR3031 works)

My old Ruger 77 MKII 7RM loves the 160 Accubonds (regular, not LR), and 60.0gr of Reloder 19. Although it's not a really fast load, it shoots tight cloverleaf 5-shot groups @ 100.

My 7mm eats everything I have thrown at it except the Accubonds (160gr Non-LR), With that said... I have only tried one load so I have not done my part yet. Every other bullet and powder combo I have used, Sierra, Hornady, Berger have shot .8 or better with all weights, seating depths etc...

I know these bullets are capable of fantastic accuracy in most any rifle, Just maybe more finicky to find the sweet spot or my rifle just don't like them... I dunno.

FWIW I use IMR 4831 and RL-22

I have a few 7mags, the latest loves 160 accubond over 7828ssc 69 gr, 3120fps using a magnetospeed and 20 rounds, sd of 18,

I have a few 7mags, the latest loves 160 accubond over 7828ssc 69 gr, 3120fps using a magnetospeed and 20 rounds, sd of 18,

Good to see another 7828 SSC enthusiast. I have found it to give exceptional velocity and ES for all my calibers I use it in.

Every caliber I used to use H1000 in, has been swapped over to 7828 SSC with better results.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.