7mm rem mag sendero 140 accubond loads?

Shawn62085

I am going on a hog hunt in a month and wanted to get a load together with these bullets I normally shoot the 168 vlds on the gun but I want to have a bullet that I know will expand if anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated!!

I am going on a hog hunt in a month and wanted to get a load together with these bullets I normally shoot the 168 vlds on the gun but I want to have a bullet that I know will expand if anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated!!

140 gr Nosler balistic Tips max load of IMR4350, at 3200fps accurate

If you want bullet expansion, the Nosler Ballistic Tips would be a good choice. you will absolutely get bullet expansion. I have shot a pretty good bit with the 150 grain BT with IMR 4350. My rifle shot this combo very well. I was able to get over 3200 fps and still maintain very good accuracy.

7mm has plenty of balls with the 168 gr. just stick to that. Hogs are no magical creature, if you hit it good, you will drop it where it stands... If you hit it bad, it's just like everything else.

The berger bullet is made of a softer lead alloy, it will expand faster than most bullets. They usually explode, sending shrapnel into every nearby organ.

If you are dead-set on using the smaller bullet, then go with a faster powder like R-19 or H4350.

Check hodgdon' website for load data.

work to 70 gr of either rl22 or 7828 with your 7rem if you want to toss a 140 well. Some rifles will top in the high 60's so start around 65 and work up. If you already have a good 168gr load why switch unless you are out of bullets?

I have shot many dozens of wild hogs and my 2 cents is stay away from rapidly expanding bullets like the ballistic tip. Go for something with good weight retention like barnes, e-tip, accubond etc. The average sized hog can and is regularly shot with small cartridges however the larger ones have a heavy shoulder plate that require good penetrating bullets and also make your 7mag an excellent choice. I believe pound for pound the wild hog is possibly the toughest animal in North America.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.