7mm r m nosler vs sierra match king

I used the BT for many years in the 7mm with great results. 7mag, 7-08, and 7 Waters. Great bullet. Never tried the Sierra in the 7, but killed several deer with the 69gr Sierras in my AR 223.

what are you shooting at and how far?
whitetail if im on the mountain side 25 -250 yds. if in the field stands 25-1200ish
but i have never shot one over 425 yds. but you are right they still bleed i shoot for
heart,lung,or head i havent figured out how long to boil the horns yet to eat LOL.but i have taken some nice deer

I used the BT for many years in the 7mm with great results. 7mag, 7-08, and 7 Waters. Great bullet. Never tried the Sierra in the 7, but killed several deer with the 69gr Sierras in my AR 223.
i used the BT for ground hogs for years loved there performance then i changed to
the regular partition loved it you had watch your placement or you would waste meat i like the new silver tip but havent tried them my cousin shoots them.:cool:

I would say neither. You are talking about 200-1200 yard shots, I hope you've done your homework. If so I would recommend 162 SST's and 162 Amax's. Develop your load for the amax's for long range and shoot the sst's when hunting in woods. The point of imapact won't change enough from 0-250 yards to matter.

The only thing those 2 bullets have in common is the caliber, they are designed for entirely different applications.

Would you like to elaborate on that? i would like to know more...the sierra on my gun grouped well but i dont think it will give a straight pass through on an elk at 300 yrds.

whitetail if im on the mountain side 25 -250 yds. if in the field stands 25-1200ish
but i have never shot one over 425 yds. but you are right they still bleed i shoot for
heart,lung,or head i havent figured out how long to boil the horns yet to eat LOL.but i have taken some nice deer
Accubond, Sirocco II, Hornady Interbond.

I'm not a fan at all of the SMK's as a hunting bullet particularly at such short ranges.

The Nosler partition is made do penetrate deeply through really tough critters, but has a tendency to just punch through deer without much if any expansion at sub 600yds ranges when fired from a HV rifle.

There's a long list of better bullets for deer at these ranges than the two you asked about.

Out to 1,200? No bullet is going to work well at both 25yds and 1,200yds especially on tough game like Elk.

Accubond, Sirocco II, Hornady Interbond.

I'm not a fan at all of the SMK's as a hunting bullet particularly at such short ranges.

The Nosler partition is made do penetrate deeply through really tough critters, but has a tendency to just punch through deer without much if any expansion at sub 600yds ranges when fired from a HV rifle.

There's a long list of better bullets for deer at these ranges than the two you asked about.

Out to 1,200? No bullet is going to work well at both 25yds and 1,200yds especially on tough game like Elk.

well i do not know about elk we dont have them in northeast alabama, but i dont understand how a 162gr. amax would kill one and not a nosler partition 150gr. not to sound smart or anything, but i shot a deer at 425 and blew baseball size pass through when hit rib with nosler i just started shooting the sierra the guys i know around here shooting them has no problem.

Just my 2cents! I've shot the partition's, sierra game kings, amax's, an Bergers. All work well from up close to far away. If you want to go long, amax or Berger works very good! I've made clean kills out to 500 yards with any of the above. I haven't went long(500plus yards) with the Gamekings or partition's so I can't say anything about the performance, past 500 yards. I can say that they perform great up to 500 yards. Just work with the differant bullet's you have interest in an see which one works best for you! Hope this helps.

DT

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.