7MM Bullets

waltercrouse

I was given some bullets in box with no name brands. I found some 7MM bullets ,they are 140 grain spiltzers and have a machined surface on the shank area. The lead core can be seen at the rear. Are these bullets early Nosler partions , I have read they were machined when manufactured. I also found 25 cal round nose 115 grain ,I believe these are Hornady's.

Picture please. They do sound like early Nosler partition. These had a machined band where the partition in the jacket was and a lead core in the base.

This was a free box of bullets and brass. The brass was of calibrates , I have never seen before. Such as 348 win ,8x57R,38-55 ,25-35 and 22hornet case. There only one each of the cases as this was a collection. Never knew that 348win was that big in diameter on the rim.:)

This was a free box of bullets and brass. The brass was of calibrates , I have never seen before. Such as 348 win ,8x57R,38-55 ,25-35 and 22hornet case. There only one each of the cases as this was a collection. Never knew that 348win was that big in diameter on the rim.:)

A friend of mine had a Model 71 348 Winchester when I was a kid. It was almost a rimmed version of the short mag case currently although it was a little longer and had more body taper. My brother had an octagon 38-55, my uncle had an 8x57 Mauser, and my dad killed a huge Michigan whitetail with a 25-35. My neighbor childhood friend had a Hornet that we killed a lot of crows and woodchucks with. Bringing back a little nostalgia here:D...........Rich

A friend of mine had a Model 71 348 Winchester when I was a kid. It was almost a rimmed version of the short mag case currently although it was a little longer and had more body taper. D...........Rich

My Uncle had one of these for whitetails in Michigan. I remember him telling me the reason he bought that cartridge was he liked the larger diameter. He fell in love with that rifle. Those lever action rifles command $1500 - $2000 today if they're original and in good shape.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.