7mm 180 hybrid sale, hope they work on game!

MTLIVIN

If anyone hasn't been on Midway USA lately, they have the 180 hybrid bullets on sale right now, 500 for just $180! Just did some development with this bullet and my rig seems to love em, so I had to jump on it. I sure hope they work on elk and deer as good as the VLD's, will find out in the next few months!

My setup is 7mm RM 26" Benchmark barrel, had lots of groups in the .5" range, some even a touch better. Will end up somewhere between 2900-3000 fps, will know more after this weekend

I currently shoot a 7RM Sendero with 70gr H1000 behind these 180 hybrids for hunting. They will shoot sub .5 MOA at 1000yds. Last year between me and a couple other guys I let shoot it, we shot an elk at 350, mule deer at 200, and 3 antelope. the one under 100yds was devastating. The others at 581 and 587 worked great. I wouldn't be afraid to use them. I don't own a chronograph, so I have to do things old school. My drops give me a muzzle velocity of 2815. Not as much smoke as I would like, so I am going to rebarrel to a 7/300 with the new 195's. You will not be disappointed in the 180's though.

i think you may hit pressure before you get to 2900 FPS with a 7 Rem mag & 180's. I am getting 2934 out of the 168 vlds with a max load of retumbo out of mine.

I too bought 500 168's from midway for only $160 - i couldnt believe they were that cheap!

I imagine you wont have any problem with those on game as long as you put em where it countsgun)

Must be making room for the 195's. They're on clearance, there was a time not too long ago they couldn't keep these in stock.

i think you may hit pressure before you get to 2900 FPS with a 7 Rem mag & 180's. I am getting 2934 out of the 168 vlds with a max load of retumbo out of mine.

I too bought 500 168's from midway for only $160 - i couldnt believe they were that cheap!

I imagine you wont have any problem with those on game as long as you put em where it countsgun)

I had my barrel throated to seat these bullets way out there, I think that and the short bearing surface of the bullet is helping me get to 3000 fps without pressure signs. My most accurate load was at 2900 fps over 69 grains of H1000, which is 0.5 grains under max according to hodgdon. That 5 shot group was just under 1/2 moa

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts