215 berger hybrid on big game

One thing that hasn't been said from what I read. The hybrids are elite hunters with thinner jackets.

Almost. The OTMs and Target Hybrids use the same jacket and they are thicker than the Elite Hunters.

From Berger. "All of our Hunting bullets are made in the VLD or Hybrid designs. These designs incorporate a sharp nose and slightly thinner jacket that allows the bullet to penetrate 2" to 3" before it starts to expand."

http://www.bergerbullets.com/hunting-bullet-designs/

Last edited:
I shot two antelope in Wy with them last month. One was wierd. Shooter 7 posted that picture. Hit low and back. My fault. I was in a hurry and didn't have a great shooting position. Animal was at 198 yards broadside. Bullet shredded the liver but did not cause instant death. I'm sure if given a couple minutes the animal would have died but I shot it in the head and it's head basically blew up. The second one I shot just below the spine at a fairly hard downhill angle as she was strongly quartering away from me at about 230 yards. Pencil hole going in 1 1/2" exit between the front legs going out. She hit the ground without so much as a twitch.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.