7MM 120grain Nosler Accubond

Steve7mm08

No they arent making them yet but its one that I would like to see.

I reckon it would be an awesome projectile in the 7MM 08 for the medium sized game we have here in New Zealand.

Does anyone here know people in Nosler?? maybe drop a few hints to them for me!!

cheers, Steve

On behalf of all Sika hunters in New Zealand I second your request there,

Im even willing to split the testing and writeups with you Steve, just so we can trial a special run of say 500 projectiles each........

ballisically inferior?

Most of Noslers accubonds are ballistic twins of the ballistic tips in same caliber/wt. The 140 BT/Accubond has a BC=0.485. The 120 BT has BC=0.417. So the 120 Accubond is likely to be 0.417 also.

The 120 is flatter shooting over 300 to 400 yds. But it is inferior over longer distances both for wind drift and energy. In my 7-08AI I have no trouble pushing the 140 at 3000fps. With the 120 it's about 3240. You might get 3300 pushing it hard with the right powder. The 120 is fun to shoot at medium size varmints over closer distances where you don't need to range the distance. It's similar to the 87 Vmax in a 243 for trajectory. But the bullet is tougher and more suited to larger game.

Mostly I stick to the 140. The 160 BT/Accubond is a little too heavy in the 08 for me. Doesn't add much downrange for my needs.

Me three on the 120 accubonds!!!!

I have built and own quite a few 7/08,s and they all worked best
with the 120gr ballistic tip and a accubond should be great.

On deer size animals I found that the deer ran 10 to 30yards when
shot with the 140gr bullets but the 120 drops them in thier tracks.

Like Varminator said the 140,s have a better BC but at standard 7/08
velocity,s the 120,s seem to work the best.

I have a 7/08x40 that pushed the 140,s to allmost 3200 and they
worked very good on deer but the standard 7/08,s have trouble pushing
the 140 past 2900 ft/sec.

So I realy would like to see them make some 120gr accubonds.

J E CUSTOM

Nosler is taking notes on what we want as hunters and shooters so let your voices be heard at noslerreloading.com. The 120 gr AB would be a winner.

JD338

Either a 120g Accubond or E-Tip would be great.

What if all the Sika hunters in New Zealand said please 1000 times, would that help???

Nosler 120 Gr Accubond

Hey Steve And Andrew.260r Here From Nz.
Im Suppossed To Be Going To A Nosler Clinic Meeting In Auckland In Early July So Will Mention It To Chuck Prichard Who Is The National Sales Manager For Nosler.:)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.