7mm-08 handloads

youarenotcrazy

Howdy,
I recently acquired a 7mm-08 with a 24" barrel and I was just wondering if anyone could save me some time (and money and hair-pulling) if they had any recommended loads or favorite powders and/or bullets. The rifle's got a 1-10" twist (will that stablize an A max?). I'm just punching paper for now, but I'm looking toward a fun summer. Any loads would be appreciated. Thanks

My 7mm-08 shot well with 140gr-160gr bullets and either Varget, H4895 or H4350.

The 7mm-08 is similar to the infamous .308 in that it will shoot well with MANY powders and bullets.

Enjoy - VH

Turtle,

Try Varget or IMR4064 with a Sierra 168gr MK. Winchester or Federal breass, FC210M primers. They shoot well out to 1,000. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

VH, it should. The one I was shooting at 800, 900, & 1K was a 1:10. It was a custom job with an Obermeyer barrel as I recall. It never hurts to try more than one bullet, though. The 150 would be a good possibility. A 156 Cauterucio would be a very interesting proposition too IMHO.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts