EGW Base
TPS Rings
Sightron 6-24 Mil-Dot scope

Hope you all enjoy !!!

AnthonyMartin7mm-082.jpg

AnthonyMartin7mm-083.jpg

AnthonyMartin7mm-084.jpg

AnthonyMartin7mm-085.jpg

Barrel finished up at 22 1/4". It was originally a pre-threaded barrel from Pac-Nor but I blueprinted the action and over-sized the thread so I had to cut almost 1" off the breech and re-thread it. Plus I don't trust any pre-threaded barrels for concentricity. I think the customer will be happy, I'm sure it will shoot lights out. He's hoping to have a load in it and on a hunt right after Christmas it sounds like.

i really LOVE this rifle !

Very nice job, this rifle have all the thing i would like to have ... in a my "future" rifle: the caliber, the barrel, the stock, the optic set-up.

Thank you for sharing the picture of yours awesome creatures !

Nice rifle! I've often wondered why more people don't build 7mm-08's as opposed to the 260 and 308, I would think with the high bc bullets available for the 7mm bullet diameter the 7mm-08 would be more popular for long range builds.

Kevin,
you have posted alot of your builds on here lately since going full time. I have enjoyed seeing all of your work, but this one I LIKE ALOT !!!

How is the accuracy affected by a shorter barrel as opposed to a longer one? Thinking of building one in a 7wsm. Main use is for hunting long range deer [200-1000]. Thinking also with a stiller action and a 24" barrel. What are your thoughts?

A 24" barrel in a 7 WSM would work fine for your distances. Accuracy wouldn't be effected. You may loose a couple fps but shooting a 180 Berger you should still be able to get at least 2850 fps.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.