7MM Mag by MCR

Just wanted to let you know that the rifle shoots outstanding with 162 AMAX and H1000. Better than I ever thought possible, for me anyway.

I will say I am not impressed with Duracoat, though no fault of Kevin's. It's flaking off the trigger guard, barrel crown and almost all of it is off of the bolt. I've only been to the range with it 1/2 dozen times and only cleaned it twice.

Oh well, it's a killer, not a looker. Can't wait for deer season.

Glad to hear the rifle is shooting well for you. The crown and bolt is normal wear. I've not found anything that will hold up to muzzle blast. The bolt is metal on metal contact and does normally wear off. The trigger guard should not be flaking off though. If you want to send me the trigger guard back I'll gladly re-finish it for you.

No, it's ok. Like I said, I got it to shoot not to look at and I'm very happy with the way it shoots. Thanks though.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.