7LRM w Suppressor

JakeGraves

I had a nice load worked up prior to the arrival of my TBAC Ultra 9 suppressor. I was shooting 71.6 grains of H1000 but it is way too hot with the can on. I have primers falling out on first fired cases and sticky bolt lift on Defiance action.
Does anyone else shoot an LRM with a can to compare? Is it normal for a can to add that much pressure?

How do you like that Ultra 9? Been looking at one for use on my bolt rifles when I do finally break down and buy one.

I'm really hoping that the "Hearing Protection Act" gets passed, making suppressors an over the counter item, only requiring an instant NICS background check (just like a gun purchase) and no more $200 stamp and no more wait time. :D

If it does pass, the price of suppressors should go down significantly.

I run a suppressor on my 7mm Rem Mag with 180s and RL33 (probably a hotter load than you're running in the LRM) and have not noticed any pressure change at all. Nor should you with a bolt action.

I run a suppressor on my 7mm Rem Mag with 180s and RL33 (probably a hotter load than you're running in the LRM) and have not noticed any pressure change at all. Nor should you with a bolt action.

I didnt think pressure would change either but shot with it on and had sticky bolt. Took it off and not even a least bit of pressure.

I have been shooting a 7-300 weatherby with a tbac 338 suppressor and not noticed any pressure issues. Have an ultra 9 on the way for this rifle. I wouldn't expect the can to cause any problems. I would think pressure has already peaked before the bullet reaches the can.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.