What suppressor

Nuclear Worker

Am planning on getting a 30 caliber suppressor. To use on my wife's 6BR or our 6.5 Grendel's, and my 6.5x284. Correct me if I'm wrong but I should be able to use this on all those calibers and when I get a 30 caliber LR gun could use on that also? Next what brand and model do guys recommend? Planning on a titanium for weight as some of these are hunting Guns. Hopefully I explained my thoughts correctly.

If length (and cost) aren't an issue: CGS Hyperion.
Very thorough independent testing here, and comparisons to many of the other cans you're probably considering.

CGS also makes a Hyperion K which is rated very highly for it's size if you want something smaller.

Am planning on getting a 30 caliber suppressor. To use on my wife's 6BR or our 6.5 Grendel's, and my 6.5x284. Correct me if I'm wrong but I should be able to use this on all those calibers and when I get a 30 caliber LR gun could use on that also? Next what brand and model do guys recommend? Planning on a titanium for weight as some of these are hunting Guns. Hopefully I explained my thoughts correctly.
There is a suppressor section and this question has been answered quite a bit, you can sift through them. You'll get a lot of Thunderbeast Ultra 7, 9, and Dominus responses (from me as well). To answer your question, yes you can shoot any caliber up to the bore size in suppressor.

Heres a link to 1 thread https://www.longrangehunting.com/th...s-do-you-guys-like.292299/page-2#post-2422312

Yes you can use a 30 cal on smaller calibers you lose some noise control but very little. another thing to think about is barrel length. adding 7 inches to 24 or 26" barrels makes a long barrel. If you do not want to go with shorter barrels, consider a over the barrel type. I have two guns dedicated to long range. Both have 26" barrels and I have GA Jager's on them so they are not so long. My main hunting gun is a Bergara HMR barrel cut to 18" with 7" Ultra TB.

There is a suppressor section and this question has been answered quite a bit, you can sift through them. You'll get a lot of Thunderbeast Ultra 7, 9, and Dominus responses (from me as well). To answer your question, yes you can shoot any caliber up to the bore size in suppressor.

Heres a link to 1 thread https://www.longrangehunting.com/th...s-do-you-guys-like.292299/page-2#post-2422312
My suggestion too. Thunder Beast FTW.
I shoot an Ultra 9 .308, Ultra 7 6.5mm, and Dominus .308.
Ultra 9 on 6CM, 25SST, .280AI
Ultra 7 on 25CM, 6.5SLR, 6.5SS, 6.5SS
Dominus on .260AI, 7SS

There are plenty of great cans out there - Thunderbeast (TBAC) definitely makes a great suppressor. In fact, I just purchased a TBAC 338 Ultra a few days ago. I have a Gunwerks 8ight that I really enjoy shooting with. It's a little on the heavy side (not a Ti can) but it doesn't bother me. I actually just certified a form 4 for another 8ight suppressor a few weeks back.

I have had a YHM 30 cal Phantom for many years and it has worked well on my 223, 243, 30-06, and 300 WM. QR attachments on all. That said, it is a pain because I only have one, thus cannot shoot but one rifle at a time. I need to invest in a couple more.
FYI all mine shoot several inches different with and without the suppressor.

I use these, they are CB-30 brakes, I believe, just screw your thunder beast on it. If you are gonna run a brake on your gun anyway, this make it easier to deploy the can. There are other types of "QD" mounts out there as well. Have fun! Be quiet!

Attachments

• tempImageSnApS5.png
    tempImageSnApS5.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 59