7LRM clean up

Gunwerks has Gunwerks(ADG) brass now. I have not used any but I would almost assure you the poor brass issue is a thing of the past for this great cartridge.
rfurman24 is correct. The 7-LRM is a great cartridge, and ADG brass available. I've never had issues with brass availability (more expensive though than for the RM). Definitely a step above the RM in performance and efficiency. 195 EOL's pushing 3,000' if you give it the gas. Throttled back 180's at 3,000' will give good barrel life... New things take time to work out the weak spots. The LRM is/was no different. Love mine. Shoots nice and is very manageable for extended shooting. You would be happy with it if you don't mind paying more for brass. I have yet to find out the brass life on the ADG. Maybe someone on here can share actual experience with that. Skip Davidson?

IMHO, The 28 Nosler is the way to go. It's so popular, even Savage is making a rifle in that cartridge. Brass is available from Nosler or ADG, there's no belt to bother with and it fits in a regular long action. The wildcats and other 7MMs have their favorites but it's the new improved version of most of them.

Rumors are true (announcement was actually scheduled to go out later today ;) ) Gunwerks has new and improved brass for the 7LRM. Check it out here: https://www.gunwerks.com/shop/product/gunwerks-brass-100-count-22118?category=35

Brass life can really vary depending on the round, pressures you're running, how you're prepping it, etc., etc. But we did have Sam Millard from Panhandle Precision review some 300WM a while back. He did 20 consecutive firing and reloadings without issue on a single piece of brass. Bottom line is it's SIGNIFICANTLY better than what's been available before. Here's a link to Sam's review: http://panhandleprecision.com/gunwerks-300-winchester-magnum-brass-review/

Love my 7 rem mag 700 had it since I was 6 killed water buffalo bull with it at 100 yards. Killed red stag at 712 yards in Argentina with it. I was 17. Longest mountain goat was 1100 yards killed plenty of deer, elks, and moose with no problems standard heavy barrel 28 inches long. Love it I am sure what every u pick u will not be sad. Best of luck

Love my 7 rem mag 700 had it since I was 6 killed water buffalo bull with it at 100 yards. Killed red stag at 712 yards in Argentina with it. I was 17. Longest mountain goat was 1100 yards killed plenty of deer, elks, and moose with no problems standard heavy barrel 28 inches long. Love it I am sure what every u pick u will not be sad. Best of luck
Well said. Every poster brings their individual perspectives, experiences, and opinions - but finally it is or will be your rifle. Do what you want and go enjoy yourself. A 7 RM is a great round and has taken a lot of game. So is the LRM and the 28 Nosler. The Nosler will have more horsepower for sure and all the effects that come with it - good and/or bad depending on what you want and how you shoot. Don't be afraid to look closer at the LRM. They are fun and comfortable to shoot in a lighter rifle. I suppose modern effective brakes can mitigate that issue... Stay safe and give life & the world your best. It will give back in the end.

We've seen 9 plus without annealing in our stress test. ADG is producing most of our brass, including the 7LRM on our engineered tooling. Brass life seems to be similar across all cartridges.
Aaron Davidson
Product Engineer
www.gunwerks.com

..what Skip sent me as a reply to a PM request for info.

How many rounds are down your barrel already? If not many I would look at the 28sherman mag. I believe it's based off an 300prc necked down but improved. I believe Ritch had a thread about it just recently. It would have adg brass available for it. It is high quality brass.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.