7828 ssc what can i expect

All that I listed are fairly new and either none to 60 rounds shot from them. I only have developed rounds for 1 270win and 1 264wm. I do have a fair amount of factory ammo to shoot in all except the 6.5prc. No factory rounds can be shot in it due to cartridge length restriction of 2.830". The Norma's I've found are the closest at 2.860" with their 143 golden target bullet. Depending on ctbo I might be able to single feed them, but could be op'd in them with a short throat?
270 I was testing out 130TSX, RL22 and Fed210, but since I only use this as a "harvesting" rifle, have a few boxes of factory Remington and Win that I had success with.

270 I was testing out 130TSX, RL22 and Fed210, but since I only use this as a "harvesting" rifle, have a few boxes of factory Remington and Win that I had success with.
The 2 developed load before mentioned still use the same bullet, powder and primer from being developed back in '86. 140Sbt (26cal) and 130Sbt (27cal) Sierras.

just curious about this powder. I will try in 7mm prc with 175 eldx

I haven't loaded bigger calibers yet. 223, 6.5grendel, 6.8 spc, 30-06.

The 7828 was the only magnum powder I saw so I bought

The 7828 was the only magnum powder I saw so I bought a pound.
Man I've burned more pounds of 7828 than I can remember in cases that ran more than 70 grains. I switched over to 4831 and 4831SC years ago because of the temp sensitivity. 4831 yields a little less velocity but for my needs the temp consistency was more important. I'd still be using 7828 if that wasn't the case.

Thanks everyone. Seems like good powder.

I wondered, since it was one of only a few in the store, so I wondered if everyone had bypassed it due to poor performance or something.

Magic in my 7stw and 160 partitions an ABs.

I do all my load development in the winter, in Va., which temp wise is usually 30s to 50s.

I don't shoot in the summer, other than my AR and 22/250 on groundhogs. Varget in the 22/250, so twmp not an issue.

Also use 7828 in 300win.

Good powder, I like it better than rl22 in rounds than can use both.

I've used 7828sc in my 340 Weatherby on and off when I couldn't get reliably get Norma MRP. 7828sc was as accurate and as fast in that rig, and I actually used it more than MRP over the years. I shot it here at near sea level in the east, and at over 11K feet in the west in all temperatures. I even took my first bull elk with it. I have not found it to be temp sensitive to the point of noticing real world performance differences, but Weatherby freebores just eat that up anyway.

I just here searched for info on the 7mm PRC and 7828sc as I just decided to run some loads up for the & PRC to see what I get out of my 22" Proof barrel. I'll load some up in the morning and head down to the field and shoot some rounds through the chrony. I'll report back with data. Maybe even a pic too.

The 7828 was the only magnum powder I saw so I bought a pound.

The original true magnum rifle powder. It's awesome. Not temp insensitive, not terrible.

Anything 100 grains plus in my .257 weatherby gets 7828 or rl25.

Thanks everyone. Seems like good powder.

I wondered, since it was one of only a few in the store, so I wondered if everyone had bypassed it due to poor performance or something.
I hope they keep passing it by. Those angry masses are rabid animals trying to find RL26, H1000, and Retumbo. I've decided I don't really need any of those powders haha, I'll stick to my "outdated" 7828