710/770/700

They are a different style action, and the rifles are built inferior to the 700, for pricing standards, since they are made specifically as their "econo" rifle that you buy as a cheap combo from Wally World. Hopefully they have improved with the 770, b/c the 710's were complete junk. I have shot several that were lucky to shoot a 6" group @ 100 yards. Sure it will kill a deer inside of 100 yards, but don't expect any type of consistency. I have factory 700's that shoot ultra-tight cloverleaf groups and have never even been to a smith.

Yeah, my thought too. I bought a 710 when it first came out 10 years ago and after I took it to the range, brought it home, put it in a case and never looked at again.

Is the action a 700, if so, is it worth salvaging and using it as a start point for a better rifle?

They aren't 700's, but it appears some of the parts look like they might interchange. I have never heard of a custom off a 710, but a gunsmith could tell you better. If you can make a shooter off of one, I can find enough actions around this town for $250 to make youe head spin. LOL I see them in the local classifieds left & right down here.

I would be interested in seeing exactly how many parts will interchange with the 700. If alot of the major stuff does, you could probably build a slick shooter for a really good price.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.