7 wsm, Coming or Going?

I know the 7 wsm was just intruduced a short while ago. Is this caliber going to die off? Or is it a dying trend? I am in the midst of building a new custom chambered in a 7 wsm. Should i worry about finding casings or worry about an awesome caliber eventually vanishing all together?

Hard to know. Who cares. Buy enough brass...BTW how many barrels do you plan to shoot up? Most folks can hunt their whole lives with less than 200 brass cases and never replace the barrel.

I have a 300WSM and love it, but if I had to do it over again, I'd go ahead with the 7mm WSM. It finds a sweet spot that isn't touched by the 28 Nosler (hyper recoil hyper velocity), or the 7mm Rem (long action, stupid weak spot in brass...belt). The 7mm bullets are slipperier than the .300 bullets in real hunting weights. It has tolerable recoil and can hammer elk to 800 yards (which is about all you can do with the bigger-kicking 300 WSM, so why take extra recoil just so you can hit em harder at 200 yards?). Good luck. I think you've found an exceptional round that will stand the test of time, whatever the fickleness of today's shooters.

Lots and lots of amazing bullets to choose from at 7mm. I personally wouldn't take on any more recoil than that because there is simply no reason for it if you are hunting in North America for other than Grizzly.

It looks like it's going. Found brass at an astronomical price. Does anyone know why the shortage? And who is to blame when the demand is there?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.