7 stw build ??

darrindlh

Okay guys!!!! I currently have a ruger No1 in 7stw. I want to build a semi custom repeater stw. My thoughts are .... I am going to buy a remington 700 longrange percision in a 300rum and rebarrel it to a 7stw. Will it work? Is the action long enough?

Darrin

Okay guys!!!! I currently have a ruger No1 in 7stw. I want to build a semi custom repeater stw. My thoughts are .... I am going to buy a remington 700 longrange percision in a 300rum and rebarrel it to a 7stw. Will it work? Is the action long enough?

Darrin

You need an action that was a 7 Rem. Mag. or .300 Win Mag. Same length as the RUM, fewer feeding issues involved. You may want to have a Wyatts extended box installed.

Shortgrass thankyou for your reply. I did not realize that the base of the cartridge of the stw is the same as a 300 win. Thats my bad. Inwas looking at overall length of the cartridge. With a wyatts extended mag what kind if length can i get with my stw?

Darrin.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.