7 WSM Build

I have read thru your thread and have something that may be of interest. I have a modified SAUM version called the SS (Sherman Shortmag) that is giving some outstanding performance in a 6.5 version. I will be building a 7 SS in a week or two and expect it to perform equally well. I can reach 3300 with 140's in a 26" barrel and 3200 and 3100 with 150 and 160 grainers in the 6.5. Case capacity is 71+ grains in a Norma case in the 6.5 version. The beauty is, it is even more efficient than the saum and will feed thru shorter magazines. My coal with a 168 Berger (to the lands) will be approx. 2.860" in the 7 SS. I have reamers and custom dies available. PM me if you are interested.....Rich

p.s. I am quite sure the 168 will reach 3100'+......

OK, now you have my undivided attention! :D

Sounds interesting.

Only problem I can see is that many of the Full Bore ranges over here are restricted to the Nato Template.
Sounds like this will be beyond the energy requirements for these Templates. :rolleyes:
(but so is the 7WSM when loaded full house)

Be a nice Hunting rig though!

Mick.

OK, now you have my undivided attention! :D

Sounds interesting.

Only problem I can see is that many of the Full Bore ranges over here are restricted to the Nato Template.
Sounds like this will be beyond the energy requirements for these Templates. :rolleyes:
(but so is the 7WSM when loaded full house)

Be a nice Hunting rig though!

Mick.

The nice thing is you can load it down to mild pressure and still outperform a 6.5/284 and have better barrel life. Let me know......Rich

I have heard they might make the 4s brass, but it would be just as easy to do it with what is available now. I use Norma......Rich

Yeah you can use either Norma or Nosler to make your own and if I go with the 6.5 4S that may be the route I take but it will probably never fully mature as a long range hunting cartridge until someone makes brass for it. The average reloader doesn't use bushing dies and doesn't turn necks.

Yeah you can use either Norma or Nosler to make your own and if I go with the 6.5 4S that may be the route I take but it will probably never fully mature as a long range hunting cartridge until someone makes brass for it. The average reloader doesn't use bushing dies and doesn't turn necks.

Agree! I am still trying to do just that with the Sherman Shortmag....Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.