7 SAUM vs 284 Win

Nice light weight rig! Build specs?
Build specs on my 284:

Defiance AnTi XM & bottom metal
Lilja #3 spiral fluted 1:8 20" with MBM Ti 3 port
Trigger Tech Primary
Manners UC Plus stock
Hawkins ring mounts with NXS 2-10 (shown during load work with NX8)

Had some feed issues with the Defiance mag box that took some tweaking. Probably would do DBM to do it over. It's been a great rifle and a joy to pack.

Sounds like you've decided, but I spent a year thinking I was going to build a .284, for a whole bunch of reasons, very similar to yours.. I had a 3" action, I wanted to play with an underrated classic, blah blah. Read everything Ron Spomer ever wrote, that kinda thing. Then I went to order the barrel. I'd waited until 2020. I picked out a smith for a prefit, and he said he didn't love doing 284 anymore but was full go on a saum. Then the 284 brass was gone. Then the bullets were gone. Then I found a store that had a case of 180g ELDM left. I left with 300 bullets and my decision having been made without my input!

I have 0 second thoughts. I absolutely love it. I have 2 other rifle builds going again and even in the reloading room I can't wait to get to the saum stuff. The ONLY thing I don't like about it is that I cannot stop fantasizing about another SAUM build! This one is a heavy, ugly, long barreled, mismatched Savage and now I want a 20", carbon, suppressed supermodel like our friends here are showing off. It's a fabulous target round, but its pedigree is a mountain hunter from the short mag glory days, when I was avoiding HS homework by reading the gun mags other guys were tossing. All love to the .284, it's a beauty, but go SAUM and never look back.