7 rum

WeiserBucks

Does the 7 RUM work well at mag length? Getting ready to load up some 180 hybrids for a Sendero. Any advice would be great, thanks .

I put a Wyatt's box in my son's 7rum and used hybrids. Turned it from a 1&1/2 moa shooter to a 1/2 moa shooter at 600+. With the long jump, a necessity because of pressure, the hybrids are just about the only bullet that worked in a 3.8" box. I also found it shot much better with 3-4 thou neck tension.

I've read about the Wyatt's box , I'm hoping it'll work without it . I would assume good results are possible at mag length, but It may be wishfull thinking.

You are going to have the best chance with those hybrids. They are seating depth friendly. I have loaded many from into the lands to jumps of over .150" with great results. I'd say load them to fit and feed from your magazine find out.

I should receive the rifle today, I'll measure the distance to the lands and see how much of a jump I'll be dealing with. Also, with the bullet seated to mag length, I've got a feeling it will eat up some case capacity.

I should receive the rifle today, I'll measure the distance to the lands and see how much of a jump I'll be dealing with. Also, with the bullet seated to mag length, I've got a feeling it will eat up some case capacity.
you will be dealing with a 4" or longer oal if you want to seat to the lands, unless you have a short throated 7rum... I've either run or set up three of these rifles, and all were just over a 4" oal...

I'm using the 180 sierra hpbt or 175 hdy interlock (at mag length... 3.650" or so) with enough retumbo (in rp brass with a 215) to hit 3100 fps. The rifle will shoot .5 to .6 moa all day long. As a factory sporter with a 20x Weaver GS on top I'd say were are in business...

As far as neck tension... I'm using standard rcbs dies... I don't like monster neck tension.. it tends to create run-out when you are over a couple of thou. neck tension...

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.