6x55 A.I. questions

Hey. This would already be solved if Ruger wasn't such a p.i.a.
I mean.. if it were a Savage, a simple bolt face swap and "Shazam"…
Another Sherman build, but oh no.....:mad:

Ummm... you never gave a solid vote !

Well!! What makes the Ruger such a PIIA , the solid bolt face!?? I really do like the Ruger 77s, and to date have not had any problems with them. I've read where the 77s are difficult to glass bed, I've found that they are relatively easy if you leave just a small amount of wood between the magazine well and the recoil lug chamber. I will admit that the Ruger 77s are a real PITA if you want to install a Timney trigger, however is something wrong with these triggers also? I've not had any experience with the Savage at all, so I cannot comment at all on them. Maybe I'm a little partial here:)!

Well!! What makes the Ruger such a PIIA , the solid bolt face!?? I really do like the Ruger 77s, and to date have not had any problems with them. I've read where the 77s are difficult to glass bed, I've found that they are relatively easy if you leave just a small amount of wood between the magazine well and the recoil lug chamber. I will admit that the Ruger 77s are a real PITA if you want to install a Timney trigger, however is something wrong with these triggers also? I've not had any experience with the Savage at all, so I cannot comment at all on them. Maybe I'm a little partial here:)!

I think he was referring to the limited coal that can be run in a Ruger. Other than that, they are a great action.

I think he was referring to the limited coal that can be run in a Ruger. Other than that, they are a great action.
Precisely Watson:D
And was also advised against opening bolt face to mag. or i would just have an SS of some sort.
And that came from a smith that is known for working on Rugers.
I am far from a smith so i am taling this advise.

I figured that, just messing around; however, if it were for sale and priced right I probably would have bought it (lots of parts around)! As far as I am concerned we are talking Chevy and Ford talk here. You've done your home work on this build, you know what you want and how you are going to get there. The information that you wrote about have an "SS" problem is new to me. Exactly what does "SS" stand for? As I wrote in one of the earlier responses, I am contemplating a build myself, just have come down totally to what I want to build for what my needs are in a rifle. Thanks for any information that you can provide.

https://shermanwildcatcartridges.com

Hope i did that right.

A Sheman SS is based of the Remington SAUM case. They are very popular on here. Lots of great info on them here.
I will stop there with the info. Thats a subject for another thread and people with way more knowledge than i

Yes I have read some of the treads that have been writing about them. This is a lot more complicated than what it looks. I have been trying to find information on the Sherman calibers and I am sure that it is out there, however a simple Google search does not give much up!? The once you do get into some of the calibers, you then have to have an engineering degree to form the ammo and understand the metallurgy that goes into making it.

Yes I have read some of the treads that have been writing about them. This is a lot more complicated than what it looks. I have been trying to find information on the Sherman calibers and I am sure that it is out there, however a simple Google search does not give much up!? The once you do get into some of the calibers, you then have to have an engineering degree to form the ammo and understand the metallurgy that goes into making it.
You might want to read the info on my website and then give me a call.
Shermanwildcatcartridges.com
Yes, I'm Sherman:D

Hey bud, the steps required are pretty simple if you already are a handloader...
Rich is super easy to talk to and is very knowledgeable. Hope you have already called him. He has an awesome understanding for the two cartridges he is currently improving(there is a third at least:rolleyes: but it is a super mag.)
Discount for reamer and go-no go coming.......any minute now:D:D:D:D

My next 6mm build for an antelope and light deer gun I'm building is a 6 Dasher, a very efficient cartridge and so accurate its stupid fun.I have 4 Dashers already, 2 F-class and 2 Tactical/PRS style rifles. Plenty fast to get the job done and great barrel life compared to the others. And you can seat the heavy bullets out as far as you want and wont have any worries about the COAL. In my 1000yd F-Open gun I'm shooting the 110 SMK's at 3040 fps, the 107 and 105's you could get 3100fps. There is Lapua BR brass or Norma Dasher brass available and ADG and ALPHA will be making it soon I hear. I have a 6 Competition Match(which is like a souped up 243AI), had a 6x47LAI(wore out the barrel in a 1000 Rnds) and a couple other 6mm wildcats and there is not enough gain to justify the barrel wear, extra powder and everything else, over the
6 DASHER for me. Mine are shooting in the .150's and .200's all day long. Something to think about, will have plenty of room in your mag length.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.