6mm Remington 700. What scope?

gilmillan1

Hello,

I just got a remington 700 chambered in 6mm remington caliber. It has a nice wood stock, and a sporter barrel. I have not shot it. I am currently considering a scope for it, but I dont know what way I should go. I will bed the stock and upgrade the trigger. However, I need some scope recommendations. I also want for you all to be mindful that I have a 243 for long range varmiting, a 270 weatherby, and a 7mm rem mag. On those guns I have nightforce scopes. I have an ATACR (25x) and an NXS (22x).

What scope would you all install on the 6mm? I plan to use it for medium range.

Gil

ive got a rem classic in 6mm. It has done double duty as a deer rifle and a varmit rifle. It wears a simple 3x9 vx2 leupold and it works fine. 3x is low enough for even close in deer and 9x is useable in the varmit fields out a long ways. Id say if i was to pick what would be ideal for what i do with it it would probably be the same scope in 4x12

I would look seriously at the Sightron SIII series, either a 4-16 or 6-24 (depending on what you are using it for). IMO, the Sightron SIII is the best scopes for under $1000.

toilet paper tube and spider web....:D:D:D:D

Seriously, I've been working with Bushnell elite 3200, 4000, and 4200 scopes for years and have 5 of them at present. Accurate and repeatable.

My 6mm has a 2.5-8x Leupold on it. If I used it more I'd put the Mark 4 version on it, as I have that on another rifle and like it a bit better. 2.5-10x Nightforce would be a good choice, and Leupolds 2-12x might give you a few more yards if you choose to shoot varmints with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.