6mm Remington 700. What scope?

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by gilmillan1, Aug 9, 2013.

1. gilmillan1

gilmillan1 Well-Known Member

Hello,

I just got a remington 700 chambered in 6mm remington caliber. It has a nice wood stock, and a sporter barrel. I have not shot it. I am currently considering a scope for it, but I dont know what way I should go. I will bed the stock and upgrade the trigger. However, I need some scope recommendations. I also want for you all to be mindful that I have a 243 for long range varmiting, a 270 weatherby, and a 7mm rem mag. On those guns I have nightforce scopes. I have an ATACR (25x) and an NXS (22x).

What scope would you all install on the 6mm? I plan to use it for medium range.

Gil

2. lloydsmale

lloydsmale Well-Known Member

ive got a rem classic in 6mm. It has done double duty as a deer rifle and a varmit rifle. It wears a simple 3x9 vx2 leupold and it works fine. 3x is low enough for even close in deer and 9x is useable in the varmit fields out a long ways. Id say if i was to pick what would be ideal for what i do with it it would probably be the same scope in 4x12

3. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

I would look seriously at the Sightron SIII series, either a 4-16 or 6-24 (depending on what you are using it for). IMO, the Sightron SIII is the best scopes for under $1000.

4. Lefty7mmstw

Lefty7mmstw Well-Known Member

toilet paper tube and spider web....:D:D:D:D

Seriously, I've been working with Bushnell elite 3200, 4000, and 4200 scopes for years and have 5 of them at present. Accurate and repeatable.

5. Catfur

Catfur Well-Known Member

My 6mm Rem. wears a Vortex Viper 4-16x50.

6. HARPERC

HARPERC Well-Known Member

My 6mm has a 2.5-8x Leupold on it. If I used it more I'd put the Mark 4 version on it, as I have that on another rifle and like it a bit better. 2.5-10x Nightforce would be a good choice, and Leupolds 2-12x might give you a few more yards if you choose to shoot varmints with it.