What muzzle break on Remington 700?

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by WEATHERBY460, Jul 14, 2018.

1. WEATHERBY460

WEATHERBY460 Well-Known Member

What are some good brakes for the 700, 300 RUM on a AWR.

I don't care how loud it is.

Thanks

2. Canhunter35

Canhunter35 Well-Known Member

Je custom assassin muzzle brake, he’s on this forum. Looks like one of the most effective brakes out there.

That or the terminator from what I could gather from reading about brakes.

3. just country

just country Well-Known Member

morning, I use a vias brake on my 300wm. justme gbot tum

4. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

Not a fan of radial but there are plenty of excellent muzzle brakes out in the market today from ~$50 and up, with varying effectiveness claims from manufacturers and end-users experiences alike. Most of mine have either 3 or 4 side discharge ports and 0-3 holes on top - Holland's QD (and other custom variants), Jim See's CSR muzzle blast tamer, JP Enterprise Beenie Cooley, and Benchmark tactical. I am very pleased with all of mine.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  5. 26Reload

26Reload Well-Known Member

For those that have brakes... the vias brakes with holes all the way around vs the side slotted style.....is there a substantial difference in volume and tone(pitch) when rifle is shot.....

6. lancetkenyon

lancetkenyon Well-Known Member

I won't ever put a radial brake on a rifle again. It absolutely sucks when shooting from a seated or prone position. Blows dirts/rocks all.over you and your rifle and expensive optics.

For light tapered sporter barrels, I like the APA Micro Bastard or Piercision Mini Muscle brakes. They can be turned down to contour with your barrel in the heavier sporter contours. Or have a slight taper down on even the light sporter barrels. Very good at recoil reduction, and side ported only, so much less ground disturbance when shooting prone. They are loud though. I run them on my 6.5SS and 7RM.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FEENIX likes this.
  7. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

I have seen dB test chart but not tone/pitch by itself.

http://precisionrifleblog.com/2015/08/07/muzzle-brakes-sound-test/

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  8. Canhunter35

Canhunter35 Well-Known Member

The area 419 sidewinder is another to look at, has a cool self timing mechanism.
    IMO. With a 300rum sporter Wright awr, you want max effectiveness

9. 4mattmyers

4mattmyers Active Member

i have a vias brake on my 26 nosler. and its noticeably quieter than my 7mm mag with a hawkins side port brake.