6mm info loads etc .

haywire05

I have been given a 6mm m77 with a 6-24x50mm bushnell elite 4200 . I have been shooting this for quite a while but am looking for info on lrh as it was free and I think it shoots decent . It has the varmint barrell as well . I have been searching on this site in the background for a few months now but havent gotten my questions answered.

My uncle gave me all his reloading equipment as well 20 sets of dies brass primers etc etc . I am shooting remington brass with cci primers and varget powder with a 62 grain berger bullet . Cant find any info on berger reloading specs, And am not inpressed as I have contacted them over a dozen times this month for the info and they said they where going to get back to me and never have . GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

I want to hunt coyotes with this gun and so far have been succesful up to 300 yards but once past that having issues with connecting . Do I need to be going to a better combination and bigger bullet any info would be great thanks . Looking to connect out to 800 yards. Cheers Jason

i'm guessing your cartridge is a 6mm Rem? great round, no reason you can't connect well over 300. what kind of accuracy are you getting? any idea what twist the barrel has?

good question on the twist I tried to findout but to no prevail it is the stock barrell in the gun and I believe it is a 1979 or 1981 and it only has 150 rounds through it . Yes it is the 6mm rem as well . Havent had it to the range to see what it well do . As Iam new to this sport . Have been hunting for years but never any lrh. At the range how long should I wait between shots . Let the barrell gete cold before I shoot again etc. Just got back in the house and rounded up 5 coyotes and a 1 fox all around that 300 yaerds and one about 350 yards . It isnt a confidence think . It is a need to know hold over etc thing. and how to properly tune in this scope . I haveknow Idea . Going on the bushnell site to see if there is a manuel down load on there .

A little more about the load as well . I am usin 40.0gr of varget powder in this shell as well . Shure sounds nice and crisp compared to the old powder i was using . The old shells my uncle loaded sounded dead . Dont know if sound has anything to do with it but my friend said " it shure sounds better . "lol .

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.