6mm creedmoor advice

This last season I carried a 6mm Creed Ruger American. Loaded it with our 88g Hammer Hunter. Hornady brass, WLRM primers, H4350 @ 46g, for an avg vel of 3326 fps with 5.9 sd. Ruger Americans are STUPID accurate. This rifle shoots solid sub moa. This combo is a solid 600y deer killer. It will carry 1800fps to 700y at 4000' elev.

Only shot one muley doe at 200y. Pure lung shot dropped to the shot.

I have had good luck with the 108 eldm bullets, 0.010 off the lands, 41 grains H4350, CCI BR4 primers, and Lapua small rifle primer brass.

The velocity is around 3040 fps and so far 1/2 MOA or better out to 1285 yards.

Finally got my gun back from the Smith, started life as a Winchester model 70 coyote in 22-250, re barreled and chambered in 6mm creed. My first semi custom. Can't wait to start shooting

Attachments

• IMG_8966.jpg
    IMG_8966.jpg
    574 KB · Views: 122
Glad to see more 6 CM shooters! As you can tell, just about any powder, any bullet will work in any rifle! I've reloaded for umpteen years and this cartridge is the easiest to load for sub MOA shooting. carries very well out to 1000 yds. Have not hunted with it though. Loading 41.0 to 41.5 grs. of RL19 and 108 ELDs gets me singe digit SDs and ESs and 3000+ fps and 2 1/2 in. groups at 500 yds. And it's a starting load! Didn't see a need to go any hotter.

I shoot 101g Hammer Hunters from a 21" barrel with 40.1g of H4350 with ADG brass at 3020 fps. Very accurate and very pleased in a lightweight hunting rig.
I shoot them too. 43.0gr H4350 from a 24" 1:7.5" gets me 3180fps into tiny groups.

The great thing, almost same POI as my 105 Hybrids @ 3101fps!. This was on a 15mph full value wind day....which blew them right.

Last edited:
Creedmoor shooter, you will be happy you did! I was impressed with the 6.5 CM and still am, but I L-O-V-E the 6 CM ! It doesn't have the capability to throw a 140gr. slug, but it can toss as much as a 115gr. pill. For LR shooting and targets, say 1000yds., I'll take the 6 over the 6.5 every time! Flatter, easier recoil, less boom. Plus, it's the easiest cartridge to reload I have ever done, and I've reloaded a bunch! I tried the 6x47Lapua and didn't make it work, I know, many have had good success with it. Re-chambered 2 and barreled a 3rd in 6 CM. Still have a 6.5 CM in a Bergara, but it doesn't get shot much. Like everyone shooting the 6CM, it is soooo easy to get sub MOA at any distance. Did I say SUB MOA? Try sub 1/2 MOA !

I tried H1000 and I could not get the velocity or accuracy I was looking for. I went with 4350 also and running 105 berger hybrids there seems to almost always be a node around the 42gr mark. Like most on this thread I absolutely love the 6 creed and will more than likely have one for many years to come!

I bought a 6mm Creedmoor in a RAP after experiencing great accuracy and easy load development on several 6.5mm Creedmoor RAPs. With the 6mm Creedmoor, bugholes at 100 yards and cloverleaf groups most of the time at 200 yards as well. Didn't get to keep it long though. It was gone the first trip to the range with my wife in tow. She claimed it that very afternoon! :eek:

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.