6mm bullets for hunting

How was the game King on deer ? I've only shot crows and a coyote with them so far. The yote was about 150ish in a dead run and I hit her a little far back. Looked like she swallowed a grenade.
The 85 HBT Gamekings are great on deer. Pretty tough bullet that gave good penetration and a great wound channel.

What's everybody's favorite 6mm hunting bullet? Or should I say, favorite 6mm bullet that they hunt with ?
I don't care if they're "hunting" bullets or match bullets, how do they kill, that's what interest me.

So what's everybody shooting, what are you shooting with it, and what are you shooting it out of ? And how have the results been on game ?

I'm just getting into the 6mm flavor myself. I've got a 700vls in 243win, factory tube that was AI'd and I recently put it back together and started shooting it. I've had the gun probably 12 years and never really messed with it. It was in pieces until just a few months ago.

Fireforming 85gr bthp Sierra gamekings @3300ish it's shooting ½" and it's pretty fun. I've shot out one 22-250 but this is my first 243.

I'm also giving some serious consideration to building a 6arc.
View attachment 456225
Try the ARC! I run the 87 vmax and the 75 Sierra varminter for coyotes.

What did you do for shot placement ? I killed quite a few deer with a 55gr corelokt out of a 22-250, but I always took the high shoulder shot. Never chased one.
Took a whitetail buck at 250-300yds and made a "poor" shot that ended up being a high shoulder shot, buck dropped immediately and didn't hardly flinch. Several blacktails in the crease, one ran 70-80 yds with literally no heart when I dressed it out, another bucked took a half dozen steps and fell over.

Sierra 90gr fmj's for the win! Pigs, yotes, p-dogs and other pests. I did kill my 1st and only deer with a fmj. I don't like venison, so my deer season came to a close.

I have used 103 ELDX and 105 VLDH out of my 6 dasher. I found the Hornady to be quite explosive even at dasher speeds on pronghorn out to 300 yds. I might try some monos in the 70 gr weight range for whitetail at 300 yds and under. 6 dasher is so fun to shoot.

Attachments

• 1E75BC07-3B58-422C-ACAC-B146D9942953.jpeg
    1E75BC07-3B58-422C-ACAC-B146D9942953.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
I've killed deer with the 243 Winchester and use the 240 Weatherby a fair amount. The 95 grain ballistic tips are really accurate and death on deer with good expansion and full penetration on broadside shots. I've also killed a few deer with the 105 grain Berger hunting VLD using the 240 and they are super accurate and put a big hole in the offside of the deer on broadside shots.